Airdyne Bikes: Rate them or not?

Any of you got one?

Do you rate them as good pieces of cardio/conditioning equipment, or are they overrated/another fad?

Dont rate them!

Im not really into indoor cardio because i find it boring, but if i was, i think a versa climber or an elliptical is the way to go!

I was gonna rate them, but then I saw that you gave us the option to not rate them, so I changed my mind.

Anyone else?

As indoor equipment goes they are at the top of my list.

1. Not expensive (even new)

2. Last forever (almost never break down).

3. Easy to maintain

4. Take up very little space

5. Easy to move around if needed.

6. No power needed to run them (other than that of the rider).

7. Can challenge any fitness level.

8. May be used in a broad array of applications. 

TAKU

I was thinking of buying the AD2 for the house. Just so i can be active while watching shit on tv. Worth it? Phone Post 3.0

i have a sports authority knock off and I love it. Lots of things you can do with it. Low impact so good for the knees if they are a little achy

Taku - 

As indoor equipment goes they are at the top of my list.

1. Not expensive (even new)

2. Last forever (almost never break down).

3. Easy to maintain

4. Take up very little space

5. Easy to move around if needed.

6. No power needed to run them (other than that of the rider).

7. Can challenge any fitness level.

8. May be used in a broad array of applications. 

TAKU

Thanks for the reply, TAKU ;-)

Yeah, I've heard those things last FOREVER! How long have you had your's for/How old is it?

I wouldn't get one for the home as they are very loud.

I don't use mine all the time cause I'd rather be outside.

When I can't get out or my knees are hurting it's a great in door work out.

I have an AD2 (bought off amazon I think).

It works well...the resistance increases as you push harder which is nice as there are no manual resistance adjustment controls.

It is pretty loud (and breezy!). I use it in the basement so I don't bug anyone else in the house.

My main complaint is that after 25 min or so my butt and groin are fast asleep. I've changed the seat twice (trying different types) but nothing has really helped. I'm assuming it's just me as opposed to the machine itself, though. If I buy another cardio machine I'll go with an elliptical so there's no pressure on my groin.

ChickenSalad - I have an AD2 (bought off amazon I think).

It works well...the resistance increases as you push harder which is nice as there are no manual resistance adjustment controls.

It is pretty loud (and breezy!). I use it in the basement so I don't bug anyone else in the house.

My main complaint is that after 25 min or so my butt and groin are fast asleep. I've changed the seat twice (trying different types) but nothing has really helped. I'm assuming it's just me as opposed to the machine itself, though. If I buy another cardio machine I'll go with an elliptical so there's no pressure on my groin.

Sounds like you need to adjust the seat lower IMHO.

FWIW I'd "rate" my cardio machines Versaclimber>C2>Airdyne>Treadmill