Airlines discriminating against fatties?

The Incredible Shrinking Plane Seat

American Airlines, United and Other Carriers Are Wedging an Extra Seat Into Each Coach Row

Airlines' push to lure high-paying fliers with flatbed business seats and premium economy loungers is leaving economy-class passengers with less space.

Flat-bed business class seats are awesome.

Where the fuck are they going to cram another seat in each row?????  

$$ talks

If this makes fat people lose weight, i'm all for it.

I think it's just a cash grab.

Fit in more poor saps in economy. Overweight people will just have to pay for two seats, maybe even a row of three. Nobody is going to lose weight just to fit into a seat that they'll probably use at best once a year, e.g., traveling during Christmas.

Those who can will then pay more for business or 1st class to get more room. The bigger seats will go up in price, and those that can already afford to fly that way won't care either way.

When I ship a package, they weigh that thing and charge accordingly. Phone Post

Angle 5 - I think it's just a cash grab.

Fit in more poor saps in economy. Overweight people will just have to pay for two seats, maybe even a row of three. Nobody is going to lose weight just to fit into a seat that they'll probably use at best once a year, e.g., traveling during Christmas.

Those who can will then pay more for business or 1st class to get more room. The bigger seats will go up in price, and those that can already afford to fly that way won't care either way.

this.

When are they going to address the lack of fuckin leg room? Anyone over hobbit size have their knees digging into the seat in front of them.

My shoulders are much wider than 17". I don't think my skeleton would fit into one of those seats. Phone Post 3.0

17" is way too narrow. Forget about fatties, 17" is less than a lot of people's shoulder widths.