Akiyama: "I am not pleased with the change"

I fully expect him to pull out of the fight. Dana will not be pleased. And LOL @ "I've been training a year for this fight."

"I am not pleased with the change. There are just ten days left until the contest for me to determine [Chris Leben’s] threats and the time is insufficient to establish a tailored gameplan. Leben is also not as high-profile as [Wanderlei] Silva and that does not help me."

"If there is to be a replacement I was hoping for a big name. I spent one year preparing hard for this fight and this news has come as a big disappointment, my motivation has waned. I do not know yet what will happen. .. In the worst case, I will not take part in the [UFC 116] event. We are working hard to resolve this issue."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/6/24/1534107/yoshihiro-akiyama-isnt-happy-about

i like Leben, but its hard to blame Akiyama for feeling the way he does.

I can't believe Leben is the best they could do.

yeah hes got a ton of tape of doors being kicked in and stuff to review..

PatrickFreitas - i like Leben, but its hard to blame Akiyama for feeling the way he does.

PatrickFreitas - i like Leben, but its hard to blame Akiyama for feeling the way he does.

Yeah, but isn't Leben in the same boat? He only has 10 days to prepare too.

I get what Akiyama is saying but theres really no special gameplan he needs for Leben; avoid the haymakers and dont gas should get him the W!

At the same time, I am thinking a rematch with Belcher would have been awesome.

epwar - 

Yeah, but isn't Leben in the same boat? He only has 10 days to prepare too.

not the point at all.

i don't blame him. one minute you think your banging Brooklyn Decker and then you find out it's someone's great-aunt...

Leben not a name??? Is he for real?

inf0 - Leben not a name??? Is he for real?

Well you know, the way he is thinking of it is probably more along the lines of that he doesn't want to risk losing to Leben because he is not a big enough name, whereas Wandy was. 

I agree with the Sex.  

inf0 - Leben not a name??? Is he for real?

lebens name does not carry the status of Wand's

Herring In A Fur Coat - Weak sauce, if he pulls out hope UFC cuts him.

After the way he has been treated by the UFC that would be disgusting.

The guy has been benched for a year for no real reason. He was offered Wanderlei at 110, he accepts then UFC switch it to Bisping and dont even give Akiyama a new fight, he just gets a you can fight the winner a full year after your last fight.

Akiyama should just pull out and demand a more high profile fight.

Sad part is,Leben has more of a name in the States than Akiyama. A win over Leben will actually make a lot of non hardcore fans know who he is.

Do you want to be a fucking fighter?

Leben is 5-5 in his last 10 fights and really no where near being a contender for the title.
Wandy might not be near a title either, but atlest he is a legend of the sport.
It's understandable that Sexyama is upset.

The Ginger Zombie will club out Sexyama.

Hate420 - Sad part is,Leben has more of a name in the States than Akiyama. A win over Leben will actually make a lot of non hardcore fans know who he is.

Do you want to be a fucking fighter?

true. but not more than a win over Wandy.

Might have to change his name to Pussyama.

Akiyama sounds like a baby.

Boohoo I've been training for a year and now I don't get as good of an opponent so I might not fight at all ;_;