Al Bundy

pheonix5 - "Where you might be able to stall, but it will only get you a draw"

"AT THE METAMORIS PRO"

Sadly, they took a step towards changing that.

TheBearStare - 

I owe some vote ups. I love this Phone Post

VU for you my man for starting something that has epic potential. Hopefully we can get some more UG'rs to take part.

"Where the grappler's compete and the submissions are sweet

"AT THE METAMORIS PRO"

"Where the submissions decide the winner but I still don't get dinner..."

"At Metamoris Pro“ Phone Post

Ed is a great choice and as much as I enjoy watching and listening to Rener, he needs to not be a part of the commentary. It gives the event too much of a "gracie promotion/commercial" feel.

I wonder if its a matter of Ralek being young and impressionable. I think that this event has such amazing potential because of the rules and concept, but then you get things like family friend Brenden Schab who has ZERO business anywhere near this event. No true fan of the art wants to see him compete in this. Add to it that he wouldnt likely recognize the fact that Rener behind the mic really holds this event back in terms of attracting more talent. I understand that they want this to be about Gracie Jiu Jitsu and that is cool and everything, but they dont have to cram it down our throats. And Im a big GJJ supporter.

BigEyedFish - Ed is a great choice and as much as I enjoy watching and listening to Rener, he needs to not be a part of the commentary. It gives the event too much of a "gracie promotion/commercial" feel.

I expect Al to be worse than Rener actually. Have you ever heard him talk about BJJ or MMA? He spews the same bullshit Rorion and co. do about 'real Gracie Jiu Jitsu' and self defense garbage in relation to sport jiu jitsu or MMA.

thats a good point. Hopefully Ed can reign it in and not turn this into a gjj commercial. He is a pretty funny and cool guy otherwise.

BigEyedFish - I wonder if its a matter of Ralek being young and impressionable. I think that this event has such amazing potential because of the rules and concept, but then you get things like family friend Brenden Schab who has ZERO business anywhere near this event. No true fan of the art wants to see him compete in this. Add to it that he wouldnt likely recognize the fact that Rener behind the mic really holds this event back in terms of attracting more talent. I understand that they want this to be about Gracie Jiu Jitsu and that is cool and everything, but they dont have to cram it down our throats. And Im a big GJJ supporter.

I think it's more for mass appeal - it could possibly draw casual and hardcore UFC fans.

For the sites and scenes at Pauley Pavillion, expect to pay about a million... at the METAMORIS PRO!

"Where the match length will make you gas, but the Gracies kick ass!"

"AT THE METAMORIS PRO"

"Where the submissions are executed craftily
and the competition gets heavy like broccoli"

"AT THE METAMORIS PRO"

Wutang - 
BigEyedFish - I wonder if its a matter of Ralek being young and impressionable. I think that this event has such amazing potential because of the rules and concept, but then you get things like family friend Brenden Schab who has ZERO business anywhere near this event. No true fan of the art wants to see him compete in this. Add to it that he wouldnt likely recognize the fact that Rener behind the mic really holds this event back in terms of attracting more talent. I understand that they want this to be about Gracie Jiu Jitsu and that is cool and everything, but they dont have to cram it down our throats. And Im a big GJJ supporter.

I think it's more for mass appeal - it could possibly draw casual and hardcore UFC fans.

ya youre probably right good point

I can say that Rener being on the commentary is a big reason my wife is willing to attend again. At the event I had the live stream playing on her phone so she was listening to him explain things while watching the event live. Despite the 3 second or so delay between what she was saying and what he was saying, it helped her understand what was going on and appreciate it better.

While it's cool to hate on the Gracie Academy videos on here, I highly doubt Rener being on commentary is holding anything back regarding attracting more talent to the event or getting more people to watch the stream. Their Gracie Breakdowns get huge numbers, to the point the UFC actually recruited them for regular segments, Rener isn't exactly an unpopular figure.

for the record, Im not hating on Renner at all. I started (for years) at Gracie Torrence and otherwise really enjoy his works that he puts out online.

"Where Rener be listing what your Jiu-Jitu is missing!"

"AT THE METAMORIS PRO"

The points don't count, when you get the mount,

At the Metamoris Pro.

Nobody is fond of the Gracie's marketing, but to say that Rener shouldn't be commentator is ridiculous. The guy has been doing Jiu Jitsu since birth so I think he knows a thing or two. I've been doing Jiu Jitsu for about 4 years now, (I know, I'm still a young pup), but he points out stuff (small details) I never would have caught. There's a ton of stuff I would have missed on the Rener/Ryron sparring session had he not pointed them out.

I don't know. I just think it's easier to ignore the plugs for GJJ instead of hating all the time so that I might actually learn something.

"Where the battles are long and the action get's crazy, you'll always have some douche bags hatin' on the Gracies"

"AT THE METAMORIS PRO"

I'm loving the "At the Metamoris pro" lines here.

"Started by a G in a gi and submissions are key"
"AT THE METAMORIS PRO"