Al Snow in Dan Severns corner(ufc 4)!?!?

watching ufc 4 and in Severns corner is a big guy with long brown hair, looks like Al Snow from WWE..is that him?if so, i assume Snow has a background in amateur wrestling or some other type of martial arts?anyone know?

It is indeed al snow. Phone Post 3.0

http://i42.tinypic.com/20afl1g.jpg

(pic from the thread about this from 7 years ago)

Severn was the NWA champ at thst point, it wouldn't surprise me if Al was his main wrestling coach. Phone Post 3.0

What does everybody want???!!!! Phone Post 3.0

geez and in Ron Van Cleefs corner is Bruce Leroy from the movie Last dragon...wow, Ufc 4 is star studded..

Ufc 4 was a great mix of styles and fighters..

HEAD!!

I'm trying to remember the exact quote, but the interviewer asks Severn what he's doing to get ready?

Al Snow says,"He's going to go have sex, what do you think he's doing?" Phone Post 3.0

Did he give him head Phone Post 3.0

TTT Phone Post 3.0

Slapsymaxi - I'm trying to remember the exact quote, but the interviewer asks Severn what he's doing to get ready?

Al Snow says,"He's going to go have sex, what do you think he's doing?" Phone Post 3.0

really?on the versions ive watched i havent seen that..

if they would have mixed up some of te first round matchups, they could have made for some good fights..

Bowen vs Hackney

Bowen vs Joe Son (what was Joe Sons specialty as he took Hackney down so)

Severn vs Jennum(severn beats him down!)

Van Cleef vs Hackney

Macias vs Bowen

Macias vs Hackney

macias was listed as 190 vs severn but he was only 160

Shy Guy - What does everybody want???!!!! Phone Post 3.0
HEAD! Phone Post 3.0

Carson's Corner radio show - 

Snow claimed previously that he and Severn had a gym fight to see who got to enter that UFC. I'll have to re-listen to our episodes with Phyllis Lee to see if she confirmed it.

She stated in the past that Al Snow saved Severn by teaching him some rudimentary catch wrestling stuff and I believe some strikes so he wouldn't "get his ass handed to him" or something thereabouts.

I asked Severn about it last year. He didn't really give Snow any credit. He just said he only trained about s week for ufc 4 and went down to Snow's school and had guys put boxing gloves and try to hit him.

He was supposed to do a pro wrestling event in LA that weekend but did ufc instead Phone Post 3.0

saku_mongolian_chop - 
Carson's Corner radio show - 

Snow claimed previously that he and Severn had a gym fight to see who got to enter that UFC. I'll have to re-listen to our episodes with Phyllis Lee to see if she confirmed it.

She stated in the past that Al Snow saved Severn by teaching him some rudimentary catch wrestling stuff and I believe some strikes so he wouldn't "get his ass handed to him" or something thereabouts.

hmm doesnt seem like he taught Severn that many strikes as he is probably the worst striker in the history of mma..as for his wrestling, i think just his greco roman skills would have been plenty to go far on its own...Snow doesnt seem like he would lie about this though so i dunno

Well, it wasn't Becky Levi Phone Post 3.0

Al tells a funny story how everyone at the event thought he was the one fighting not Dan and about having guys size him up and get in his face. Phone Post 3.0

BigTedBear - Al tells a funny story how everyone at the event thought he was the one fighting not Dan and about having guys size him up and get in his face. Phone Post 3.0

where can we hear the story!?!id love to know how much posturing and tough guy nonsense goes on behind the scenes in those early Ufcs...