Alabama runs out of ICU beds

There wasn’t a single I.C.U. bed available in Alabama on Wednesday, a possible sign of what other states may confront soon amid a deadly surge of new infections in parts of the United States with low vaccination rates.

I.C.U. beds are filling up across Southern states, and Alabama is one of the first to run out. The Alabama Hospital Association said on Wednesday night that there were “negative 29” I.C.U. beds available in the state, meaning there were more than two dozen people being forced to wait in emergency rooms for an open I.C.U. bed.

Ok

6 Likes

Nobody will care unless they get sick or hurt and need an ICU bed or a loved one needs one and can’t get one. It’s not real to the masses until that part happens.

15 Likes

I hit a pay wall. Does the article mention how many ice beds there are?

Are they all filled with covid, or are there also the typical icu uses occurring and a spike of covid.

Being over by 29 people doesn’t sound like an apocalyptic situation.

2 Likes

Vaccinated people are the real heroes who has the guts to get vax.

Vaccine deserters are really harming people

4 Likes

Vaccines are no guarantee. You could still get the 19.

I call bullshit. If they’ve run out of beds, it’s because they’re putting people in them who shouldn’t be there.

20 Likes

You should offer Alabama’s medical profession your expertise.

13 Likes

Here’s a thought, buy more ICU beds.

9 Likes

So best I can find is Alabama has around 1500 icu beds total.

I’m not seeing info on patients, as far as covid being the primary cause.

And again 29 beds over 1500, doesn’t sound like an out of control problem. It clearly is a problem, but not as catastrophic as they are making it seem.

6 Likes

We need 40,000 more ventalatas… lol

7 Likes

29?

eat my god GIF

4 Likes

More propaganda. I refuse to believe the entire state has run out of ICU beds more likely one particular area is out seeing a surge and they are doing shady math. Did Alabama stop doing elective surgeries if not that explains the shortage.

4 Likes

Sounds like we need to pass another $1.9T spending bill… stat!

-Comgress

5 Likes

why do you only want to believe what you want to believe?

Because the MSM and CDC have lied and used this COVID as propaganda since it started. Do you run to the store every time they tell you it’s going to snow?

11 Likes

Lmao people out here really asking “why don’t you trust the people who have been wrong about everything for 2 straight years?”

25 Likes

They had two weeks to get more beds. We gave them 76 weeks. I don’t know what to tell you. The beds are always at full capacity every flu season too

13 Likes

Alternate Headline - Alabama has a shit ton of fat people.

4 Likes