Alan Moore is Becoming a Douchebag...

I wanted to vomit in his gaping anus several times while reading this article:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/040927-Moore2.html

I have an enormous amount of respect for Alan Moore as a writer, but it seems as the years go by, the more I find myself getting bored with the same ol' "Oh, the super-hero comic book industry is dying, I wish I had never done WATCHMEN, blah blah blah". 

Not to mention that he says IRON MAN was "pretty much a love letter to the American military-industrial complex"?  Again, all due respect, but couldn't it have just been a really fun movie starring an iconic super-hero?  Why do some people have to read into every movie and look for some deep, underlying message that attacks their own spiritual and/or political POV? 

Sometimes entertainment is made for the sake of entertainment alone.  

Someone summon the Hoary Hosts of Haggoth and cleanse the douche from Moore's soul....

Time to appropriate an old joke:

Q: What's crystal clear and lays on the ground?

A: Alan Moore with the shit kicked out of him.

LOL!

He's always been a douchebag.

He didnt say that about Iron Man he was quoting someone else. He's a genius and probably a bit mad, also a wizard and I dont know about you but I dont want to be turned into a toad.

"pretty much a love letter to the American military-industrial complex"?

THIS SENTENCE DESCRIBES THE TRANSFORMERS MOVIE

Genius is stretching it a bit. Moore is a good writer but he has always been a douche bag. And I fail to see how Iron Man was a love letter to the military industrial complex, if anything it was making the point that there is too little accountability in it.

Whatever, Watchmen was good, his other stuff is overrated and he's pretty much an asshole.

LOL Beavis style @ "knob"....

BigWilliam - 

Whatever, Watchmen was good, his other stuff is overrated and he's pretty much an asshole.

Watch yo mouth call Swamp Thing Overrated.

Overall Mr. Moore is the best writer in comics history and it has obviously gone to his head.

You can clearly tell that he is a douche just by reading Black Dossier (keep away from prose Alan) and Lost Girls (horrible). The interviews just tend to reinforce it.

shibbytastic -Overall Mr. Moore is the best writer in comics history and it has obviously gone to his head.

^^^^^^ This^^^^^^

moore has ALWAYS been a bit bizarre. he's written some of my favorite works, but to really understand him you have to try view anything he writes or says through the lens of a vegan anarcho-occultist who worships a pagan god despite believing it to be a hoax.

I heard that water is becoming wet too.

michael moore is becoming a tad hefty.

What is "Begging the Question?"
"Begging the question" is a form of logical fallacy in which a statement or claim is assumed to be true without evidence other than the statement or claim itself. When one begs the question, the initial assumption of a statement is treated as already proven without any logic to show why the statement is true in the first place.

A simple example would be "I think he is unattractive because he is ugly." The adjective "ugly" does not explain why the subject is "unattractive" -- they virtually amount to the same subjective meaning, and the proof is merely a restatement of the premise. The sentence has begged the question.

What is it Not?
To beg the question does not mean "to raise the question." (e.g. "It begs the question, why is he so dumb?") This is a common error of usage made by those who mistake the word "question" in the phrase to refer to a literal question. Sadly, the error has grown more and more common with time, such that even journalists, advertisers, and major mass media entities have fallen prey to "BTQ Abuse."

While descriptivists and other such laissez-faire linguists are content to allow the misconception to fall into the vernacular, it cannot be denied that logic and philosophy stand to lose an important conceptual label should the meaning of BTQ become diluted to the point that we must constantly distinguish between the traditional usage and the erroneous "modern" usage. This is why we fight.

Pretty much all writers are jerks. Artists would be as well, but it's hard to be a jerk to people when you're passed out on the floor of an opium den.

Don't think it's possible to look like Satan and NOT be a douchebag.

Pretty much everything Moore says serves to endouche himself more and more completely.

I think you hit awful close to the mark, actually ;-)

Liyon - He's always been a douchebag.
LMAO

LOL @ Knee