Alberto Del Rio Is A 'Master Politician'

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Alberto Del Rio has been described by WWE sources as a "master politician" behind the scenes because he has figured out how to navigate the organization's cutthroat environment quicker than almost anyone.

Del Rio is also looked at by Vince McMahon as WWE's next big star, thus his massive push in recent months.

Del Rio will be World Heavyweight Champion. It's his destiny. But you already knew that.

del Rio to win for sure this weekend. We all know how little of a fan of Christian Vince is.

"We all know how little of a fan of Christian Vince is."

Is there any backstory to this?  I find that dude insanely entertaining.

Floppy Divac - "We all know how little of a fan of Christian Vince is."

Is there any backstory to this?  I find that dude insanely entertaining.<br type="_moz" />

I know internet fans love the guy, but I've always found him to be a lower-mid card kind of guy.

I enjoy Christians work as well.  I would think for him to get over in Vince's eyes he'd need to hit the gym a little more.

Dude has insanely charismatic personality and can rock the mic with the best of em.

Vince will take a guy like Mason Ryan who is all physique all day every day over a well rounded "average looking guy@ like Christian. Just how he is Phone Post

The whole thing with Vince and Christian is supposedly Vince doesn't like the way he looks.

He could have had a change of heart though, they did bring him back and win or lose, he is getting a title shot.

Sounds like Del Rio is not allergic to Vince's bear-skin rug!

I'd like to see Del Rio win tonight but I don't see them sending him to Raw with the belt.

Del Rio deserves his spot.

He's got the look, the ability, the personality, and with his being Mexican, the international appeal to push WWE into new markets, so business-wise, him being a top guy is a no-brainer.

Vince just doesn't see Christian as a top level guy.