Alcohol, anyone give it up?

First, let me preface this by saying that I don't drink very often. That being said, I have done plenty of drinking in my youth and have had times where I got carried away. I can take it or leave it, but many times I cave in social situations and just improves the experience. That being said, I have often used alcohol as a crutch but have no desire to drink any more. I still believe that although I am not addicted in the traditional sense, that I get go overboard when I do drink. I am always an easy going and mellow drunk but I have got myself into vad situations before with it when it comes to knowing when to stop. This is why I've ultimately decided to stop. Phone Post 3.0

ThePundit - Im 3.5 weeks into quitting right now Phone Post 3.0
Can I ask what led to the decision to quit? Congrats on your progress. Phone Post 3.0

I have had to take anywhere from one to six tramadol a day for chronic back pain for almost a decade now. Yeah, tramadol because docs around here are Nazis.

I don't even bother drinking because it makes me feel like ass now even on a day I have only taken a single tramadol. A beer basically makes me feel tired and miserable Phone Post 3.0

I'm in the process... .. Phone Post 3.0

I kicked it a couple of years ago. I was like you OP. I could take it or leave it but would get myself into trouble at times from overindulging. Best decision I have ever made tbh. Phone Post 3.0

I quit almost a year ago, dropped 40 pounds and have begun feeling better and healthier since Phone Post 3.0

I used to drink 4-5 times each week, up to 8 pints and maybe a couple of shorts on each night. I had a great social life but I hadn't really sorted out my home life. When I got my shit at home in check, I stopped drinking. Maybe have 1 pint every 3 months or so.

I know a dude who drinks a bottle of vodka each night. From the outside looking in you can see how it has destroyed his life and his body. If it's not enhancing your life, don't do it. That's for you to weigh up really. Phone Post 3.0

I quit years ago. Best decision ever.

I quit a year ago as I'm allergic to it. Best decision I ever made. Phone Post 3.0

I can't quit because I would miss it too much. I probably drink 3 - 4 nights a week. Couple here and there, with most of the damage being done on Fridays and Saturdays. I'm a father of 2 and I don't really go out ever, so beers by the pool or on the couch watching a movie make it seem like a night out. Phone Post 3.0

No way, drinking is too important to the social game, plus everyone has fun drinking, not worth giving up unless you're an alcoholic. Phone Post 3.0

I give it up for 6-8 weeks at a time when I'm training for a fight.

It's easily the hardest part :( Phone Post 3.0

The morning I get up and pull a beer before going to work is the day I'll quit drinking. I drink everyday in moderation. A beer when I get home from work, a beer with dinner. Maybe one or two in between. I applaud those who have stopped drinking completely. You owe yourself a pat on the back. I drink three things, water, wine and beer. Maybe a cup of hot tea in cold weather. No soda, juice, coffee, etc. Phone Post 3.0

I have a year clean and sober.....my life is so much better. Phone Post 3.0

I'm 2 week's sober. Phone Post 3.0

Quit 18 months ago. Feel great. Phone Post 3.0

I'll be 6 years without a drink in 6 days.

I tried to see if I could go just one day without drinking. And, that turned into 6 years. There's a big world out there, and the inside of every pub looks the same.

I've never been a drinker, I will have a beer or a mixed drink occasionally but that's about it. I love the taste of beer and trying different things but I feel like shit if I drink more than a couple. Phone Post 3.0

Bobby Lupo - I'll be 6 years without a drink in 6 days.

I tried to see if I could go just one day without drinking. And, that turned into 6 years. There's a big world out there, and the inside of every pub looks the same.
VTFU Phone Post 3.0