Aldo hitting Mendes 10 seconds after the bell...

I heard it was minimum 1 hour after the bell. Phone Post 3.0

Cheat blows by Aldo.

And no one thought much of it.

WTH?

He is still throwing the punch now, we will find out how classless this is after the punch is done being thrown.

Cole Konrad would kill Aldo Phone Post 3.0

10 seconds is a bit much. It was late however he threw the first punch at the bell or just before it sounded. That right hand just comes right after. Hard to stop a punch combination mid swing. Phone Post 3.0

Like sands through the hour glass, so goes the punch after the bell.

Not for nothing, but that was awesome.

He finished his strikes before the buzzer finished.  You got reflexes like a cat, why not use them?

Only person to blame is the ref Phone Post 3.0

rharris - if you watch the replay, the horn was still sounding when he took that last shot.

When fighters are throwing combos, its muscle memory.

I know Aldo well and he would never intentionally hit after the bell.

Great fight...both guys are warriors.

reed

Random UG'er knows Aldo Well Phone Post 3.0

TheRealGaff -
rharris - if you watch the replay, the horn was still sounding when he took that last shot.

reed

I think the R is for Reed not random Phone Post 3.0

Vid let's go Phone Post 3.0

I hate to involve myself with these discussions, but I thought Stann was way off base when he kept harping on it.
1. Defend yourself at all times, and Mendes didn't drop his hands and turn away--because they were in the middle of an exchange.
2.Combination punching is something you start before you know for sure how it's going to end. openings materialize inside the combination, not beforehand. Aldo's winging the combo, he's in the muscle memory and the groove to see it through, and he's been hit a few times too, it's not like he was fresh as a daisy and mentally clear. He's firing.

I thought it was the right call by the ref.

aldo is a gangstar. it was ring justice. you poke him in the eye and he will get you back some how to let you know.

I know this thread is only half serious but I really thought Stann was riding Aldo's ass about this during the fight waaaayyyy too much. It was right at the bell and it was mid-combination.

Referee is supposed to be in position anyway and, like others have said, the opening instructions for EVERY fight are "protect yourself at all times". Can't expect Aldo to pull his punches mid-combo in the midst of a slug-fest.

Malvert the Janitor - Only person to blame is the ref Phone Post 3.0

^

I would assume that when your in the middle of a heated exchange and the crowd is going bonkers, its hard to stop as soon as the bell sounds...

From what i saw, aldo started his combo before the final bell rang. And finished like a second after.

MOFuKA - 10 seconds is a bit much. It was late however he threw the first punch at the bell or just before it sounded. That right hand just comes right after. Hard to stop a punch combination mid swing. Phone Post 3.0
Exactly. Just a bunch of bad losers. They can't stand it.. Everytime time Aldo pushed the pace, Mendes couldn't handle him! Me and many more would like to see Jose finishing more guys, but that's how he fights... Still, it was a great fight! Phone Post 3.0

1. it's not a bell, nor a buzzer. it's a HORN.

2. it was only about 1 second or less after the horn. as many have stated, that's legit.

It was inside the horn, one before and one during. God damn this board is full of idiots...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7gEZNBugLU

Mountain Biker - 
TheRealGaff -

reed

Lol that's probably Reed Harris, he owned the WEC and now works high up with the UFC. He would definitely know aldo well.

Fuck off, noob. Phone Post 3.0

MB with the correct.

Fuck off noob X2.

Yes, plenty of random UG'ers know professional fighters.  That is part of the appeal of this forum.  Trainers, gym owners, ammy's, pro-fighters, training partners, promotors, all post here.  If you were paying attention, which you weren't TheRealGoof, someone recognized and called him Reed in a previous post in this thread.  Google Reed Harris and the pics are of a handsome grey haired dude in a suit in a WEC cage.  About the 5th article down is mmajunkie and Reed Harris, formerly WEC, is working for the UFC.  01' join date.  Clues, how do they work?

You know how I know this?  I did not know who Reed Harris was, but I was paying attention and not a lazy cynical fuck sticking my foot in my mouth.  How's that Converse All Star taste champ?

The punches were thrown and landed during the sound of the bell.  During, not after.  Protect yourself at all times.