Aldo hitting Mendes 10 seconds after the bell...

Mountain Biker - 
TheRealGaff -
rharris - if you watch the replay, the horn was still sounding when he took that last shot.

When fighters are throwing combos, its muscle memory.

I know Aldo well and he would never intentionally hit after the bell.

Great fight...both guys are warriors.

reed

Random UG'er knows Aldo Well Phone Post 3.0
Lol that's probably Reed Harris, he owned the WEC and now works high up with the UFC. He would definitely know aldo well.

Fuck off, noob. Phone Post 3.0

Thanks Mountain Biker... we signed him straight out of Andre's gym to the WEC...he's never looked back.

Awesome fighter, even better person.

ShawnTheBadger - 
Mountain Biker - 
TheRealGaff -
rharris - if you watch the replay, the horn was still sounding when he took that last shot.

reed

Lol that's probably Reed Harris, he owned the WEC and now works high up with the UFC. He would definitely know aldo well.

MB with the correct.

Fuck off noob X2.

Yes, plenty of random UG'ers know professional fighters.  That is part of the appeal of this forum.  Trainers, gym owners, ammy's, pro-fighters, training partners, promotors, all post here.  If you were paying attention, which you weren't TheRealGoof, someone recognized and called him Reed in a previous post in this thread.  Google Reed Harris and the pics are of a handsome grey haired dude in a suit in a WEC cage.  About the 5th article down is mmajunkie and Reed Harris, formerly WEC, is working for the UFC.  01' join date.  Clues, how do they work?

You know how I know this?  I did not know who Reed Harris was, but I was paying attention and not a lazy cynical fuck sticking my foot in my mouth.  How's that Converse All Star taste champ?

The punches were thrown and landed during the sound of the bell.  During, not after.  Protect yourself at all times.

And thank you ShawntheBadger, though you could have left out the "handsome gray haired guy" Don't think Ive ever been called that on the UG. :)

I agree...in the replay the horn is still sounding as he connects with the second...

OP is being far too generous. Mendes was already in his corner getting attended to by a cut man when Aldo rushed over and sucker punched him twice. Phone Post 3.0

Word coming out of Brazil that Aldo has finally adhered to the bell and stopped punching mendes.

Still a rumor atm waiting for confirmation.

Maybe 2 seconds - at best. Phone Post 3.0

The low blows by Mendes were not intentional or the result of being sloppy. Mendes missed with his knee as aldo moved the knee kept going the foot hit the junk. That's not dirty.

rharris - if you watch the replay, the horn was still sounding when he took that last shot.

reed

I think you are a little biased. I watched the replay and the horn wasn't "still sounding" even during the first one. I might give him the first one, but the second one was ridiculous and also did some damage.

There may have been no ill intent, but regardless, a point should have been taken. It's kinda like saying I didn't mean to kick him in the nuts or kick him in the head while he was down, so lets just fight on. No big deal.

Noxx - 
rharris - if you watch the replay, the horn was still sounding when he took that last shot.

reed

I think you are a little biased. I watched the replay and the horn wasn't "still sounding" even during the first one. I might give him the first one, but the second one was ridiculous and also did some damage.

There may have been no ill intent, but regardless, a point should have been taken. It's kinda like saying I didn't mean to kick him in the nuts or kick him in the head while he was down, so lets just fight on. No big deal.

Really??? take another look and listen...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7gEZNBugLU

rharris - 
ShawnTheBadger - 
Mountain Biker - 
TheRealGaff -

reed

MB with the correct.

Fuck off noob X2.

Yes, plenty of random UG'ers know professional fighters.  That is part of the appeal of this forum.  Trainers, gym owners, ammy's, pro-fighters, training partners, promotors, all post here.  If you were paying attention, which you weren't TheRealGoof, someone recognized and called him Reed in a previous post in this thread.  Google Reed Harris and the pics are of a handsome grey haired dude in a suit in a WEC cage.  About the 5th article down is mmajunkie and Reed Harris, formerly WEC, is working for the UFC.  01' join date.  Clues, how do they work?

You know how I know this?  I did not know who Reed Harris was, but I was paying attention and not a lazy cynical fuck sticking my foot in my mouth.  How's that Converse All Star taste champ?

The punches were thrown and landed during the sound of the bell.  During, not after.  Protect yourself at all times.

And thank you ShawntheBadger, though you could have left out the "handsome gray haired guy" Don't think Ive ever been called that on the UG. :)

I agree...in the replay the horn is still sounding as he connects with the second...

No sweat, had a bouncer flashback moment there for a sec.  It's cool you post here.

As for my description, I'm not exactly shy and call it like I see it.  You'd have no problems pulling young Betty's in the bars. ;)

reed

Exactly!

For people who are still complaining, just watch the fight again.
Maybe you will notice two eye pokes(his eye starts swelling immediately after), two groin kicks and a headbutt, which gave Aldo that cut.
And nobody is saying that it was "one of the most classless things".

I know you amerifats are butthurt as hell, but I was there live and here are facts:

1- Punch landed as the bell rang, not even 1 full second after it.

2- It was insanely loud and you couldn't hear shit - Goddard reportedly didn't hear the bell 10 sec warning.

So stop with the excuses please.

The record is still held by a fighter that threw a lunch about 2 minutes after the bell was rung , I think his name is Paul Daley or something like that Phone Post 3.0

Have u guys noticed that nobody in Mendes' corner complained? no one. Not even Chad Mendes. So... What are we talkinh about? Phone Post 3.0

RSGTT_SonOfJockstrap - Cole Konrad retired Phone Post 3.0
Only this Phone Post 3.0

GAZEROCK - The record is still held by a fighter that threw a lunch about 2 minutes after the bell was rung , I think his name is Paul Daley or something like that Phone Post 3.0

GAZEROCK - The record is still held by a fighter that threw a lunch about 2 minutes after the bell was rung , I think his name is Paul Daley or something like that Phone Post 3.0

This post should be accompanied by a romo of Paul Daley with a picnic basket and blanket setting up for lunch in the cage

Ten minutes after the bell is fucked up.

OSBtro11 -
Jimmy Rustler - one of the most classless things

until mendes poked him in the eye 2 times and faked a glove touch and kicked him in the balls.

quit complaining Phone Post 3.0
Are you a retarded person ? Phone Post 3.0
Is Cole Conrad retired?? Phone Post 3.0

This is just embarrassing. Fighters complaining about a shot half a second after the bell rang is just grasping at straws because they are butthurt mendes lost. He lost. Its over! Phone Post 3.0

Next Aldo is gonna pull an Yvel and KO the ref after the bell Phone Post 3.0