Aldo says he's fighting for lw interim in March

Sounds like Aldo vs khabib

Just stop Aldo, no need to have 2 fake belts

Very interesting if true

we've got mr. mom, khabib's daddy... how long until aldo's mom weighs-in? maybe tony's abuelita has something to add to the discussion 

MMALOGIC -

always good to have options... and UFC has many of them.

Ferguson and Holloway want more money.  So UFC just makes Aldo vs Khabib.... or threatens to make Aldo vs Khabib.  ANd now the other 2 are left with holding their dicks in their hands.

WME has big plans and they have unleashed Dana on a bitch slapping spree and he will be cunt punting anyone who gets in the way.

This "cunt punting" phrase you use in every thread is fucking ridiculous, give it a rest. You probably think it sounds super creative and funny but it's nails on a chalkboard...

So does khabib do the job and this sets up the Conor/Aldo rematch...only this time it's with 4 belts on the line and in hell in the cell?

#cornetteface

Khabib is ducking aldo.

RKing85 - pretty sure I am fighting for an interim title in 2017.
Yeah and if you don't defend it the day after then I'm fighting for the interim interim title.

The ufc really does strategically find ways to get conor to win and get rid of the guys that are a threat to him without ducking them.

same way they got rid of frankie by putting him against the one guy he can't beat, that way he loses his shot at conor and goes to the back of the line.

now Khabib is up the same way frankie was and of course they'll never put him in the same cage as conor so of course they have a meeting and try to think of a guy that can beat Khabib to take him out of contention. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see aldo vs Khabib. I think aldo wins and that way conor will never have to fight Khabib and can get around ferguson for now, do the nate trilogy and then fight aldo without it ever looking like he's ducking Khabib.

Silly interim belts aside, that's a good fight.

TakinAllFades -

The ufc really does strategically find ways to get conor to win and get rid of the guys that are a threat to him without ducking them.

same way they got rid of frankie by putting him against the one guy he can't beat, that way he loses his shot at conor and goes to the back of the line.

now Khabib is up the same way frankie was and of course they'll never put him in the same cage as conor so of course they have a meeting and try to think of a guy that can beat Khabib to take him out of contention. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see aldo vs Khabib. I think aldo wins and that way conor will never have to fight Khabib and can get around ferguson for now, do the nate trilogy and then fight aldo without it ever looking like he's ducking Khabib.

So Conor was ducking Frankie but willing to fight RDA, Diaz and Alvarez at a higher weight?

You can reasonably say that Conor picks who he fights for the benefit of his career and finances but to think he was ducking anyone because he is scared of losing is beyond stupid.

BREAKING!!!! I'm fighting for the Western Australian Interim UFC WW title in May

So UFC are going to just manhandle all divisions now so no one has any leverage, smart move in a way. No more guys holding out.

Why would Aldo get a LW title fight when there are two deserving, genuine contenders for it (Khabib and Ferguson)

Fuck off with this bullshit.

TFK_othree -

And then again, this quote from Aldo makes me think Khabib turned the fight down:

“They've asked me not to say anything. I won’t say who it is because it’s a surprise. A guy we never thought would turn it down turned it down, because his father didn’t think it was good. I'm tired of people turning down fights. I want to put some pressure so they'll take the fight.”

Sounds like Sage turned it down imo.

According to the UG, if Aldo moves up he's ducking Darren Elkins. 

Meanwhile, Conor vs Nate at 170.

It all just makes sense.

Sinead O Connors Nipples -

Why would Aldo get a LW title fight when there are two deserving, genuine contenders for it (Khabib and Ferguson)

Fuck off with this bullshit.

The same reason Conor was gifted a shot against Alvarez 

Lol, Aldo is less trustworthy than Dana.

Aldo getting played like Khabib did.

This is no different then when rumors popped up that Eddie's next fight was going to be Khabib and not Conor. Ask for more money and the UFC will make it public that they are attempting to cut you out of the bigger fight to try to pressure and leverage you.

This is all in an effort to get the Khabib vs Tony fight done for the cost they want while potentially adding a plan B.