Aldo vs Edgar is the biggest MMA super fight!!!

Why on god's green earth isn't this the super fight everyone is calling for?

Of all the super fights this one seems to make the most sense? Edgar for me is the most exciting and the best boxer of all the champions and Aldo for me is the most dynamic of all the champions and the most well rounded. I think they have both established their reign or at least Edgar will have if he gets past Bendo. That's just my opinion. More importantly these two would have the least hurdles and objections in terms of weight. Jose being a big 145'er and Edgar being a small 155'er. Fuck it hold it at 150 and let them fight for pride.

If these fights ever were to materialise I would hope and think that this one is the most obvious.

If Edgar gets past Bendo. This is the fight I would like to see more than any other in 2012

I mostly agree.

As far as size, they are probably the two closest to eachother of the Champions, that or Cruz coming up as he is a HUGE 135er.

I like this fight but people would argue GSP v Anderson is bigger.

The most realistic. Maybe the hardest to call.

Not the biggest. Not close to what GSP v. Anderson; Anderson v. JBJ; and JBJ v. JDS would be, ratings wise.

Hired Gun - I like this fight but people would argue GSP v Anderson is bigger.

yeah, also edgar has to beat benson first (which my money is on benson)...

the winner of that vs. aldo would be cool, but not gonna happen.

Cruz wouldn't have a chance against Aldo. Edger is an interesting match up.

wiggum - The most realistic. Maybe the hardest to call.

Not the biggest. Not close to what GSP v. Anderson; Anderson v. JBJ; and JBJ v. JDS would be, ratings wise.

Yeah, you know maybe biggest is the wrong language but I would be more excited for this than those fights, not that they wouldn't be awesome.

I think this would be a truly amazing fight. On paper, stylictically I think this could be one of the best fight in MMA history (on paper)

Hired Gun - Cruz wouldn't have a chance against Aldo. Edger is an interesting match up.

I agree, was just talking about the closest in size.

Anderson vs JBJ at 205 is the biggest super fight possible at the moment

I should add another point that makes this fight so interesting. Because Aldo is a decent sized 145 pounder and Frankie is an incredibly small 155 pounder, of any super-fight, this one comes closest to actually showing which champion is the better fighter.

Great fight but neither are big names/stars/draws right now.

The biggest super fights would be GSP/Silva or Silva/Jones.

Edgar/Aldo might be the best fight out of all of them but not the biggest by any means.

I think Andy / Bones is bigger.

but Aldo / Egdar would be pretty facking huge as well.

LayNprayNINJA - 
Hired Gun - Cruz wouldn't have a chance against Aldo. Edger is an interesting match up.

I agree, was just talking about the closest in size.

Ok, I didn't understand your point. I think Benson beats Edger and really like he and Aldo mixing it up as I can't see anyone giving Aldo a run for his money if he stays at 45.

Aldo is the only potentially marketable star at 145 they won't let him leave the division anytime soon Phone Post

Bj isn't a good match up either as he cannot take kicks to his legs. I think someone posted a gif a while back of him taking leg kicks and how he doesn't try to check them as much as he either takes them full on or jumps like a chicken on a hot plate. Lets face it Aldo would cripple him in one round.

What about Nate Diaz? Could he possibly go down to 45? That would be a very very interesting fight if he could.

Edgar is the best boxer of all champions?

The guy I've spent the past 2 fights getting knocked silly by Gray Maynard of all people is the best boxer of the UFC beltholders?

Edgar's advantage over the LW challengers he's faced has been his speed...he won't hold that over Aldo. If that fight ever comes together, I like Aldo big.

Would rather see Aldo vs Cruz,
I would love to see Aldo move up though Phone Post

Hired Gun - I like this fight but people would argue GSP v Anderson is bigger.

I agree but I think what OP is getting at is that this is the most likely and most possible super fight. GSP won't move up, Anderson won't move up or down, Bones is not movie up for a while so really the only possible super fights to make are at lighter weight classes.

Now, with the long line of LW contenders and possible title match ups, when do you see this happening? I think Frankie still has a couple contenders to fight after Bendo

jjj2121 - Edgar is the best boxer of all champions?

The guy I've spent the past 2 fights getting knocked silly by Gray Maynard of all people is the best boxer of the UFC beltholders?

Edgar's advantage over the LW challengers he's faced has been his speed...he won't hold that over Aldo. If that fight ever comes together, I like Aldo big.

He got tagged not out struck. It's fair to say it's my opinion he's the best boxer. You're a moron if you don't think he is at least one of the best