Alexander Karelin VS Brock Lesnar

ZUFFA MAKE IT HAPPEN!

I'm convinced had he got in UFC 1, he would have won. MAYBE Rickson could have caught him but Royce would have been destroyed. Dan Severn is not an indication of how Royce would have been able to handle Karelin

ttt

Karelin had many obscene stats for the history books, but my favorite is that he beat the 2nd best Heavyweight in the world 38 times in a row. Now THAT is domination.

Karelin would have walked through Royce easily. That's not even a fair fight.

Just give him 6 months of sprawl training...

I liked seeing an American beat him but wish it had been something decisive and not a rule infraction.

xakx - Just give him 6 months of sprawl training...
LOL

in mma or wrestling? in wrestling, karelin would still beat brock if he got back into shape. in mma, can't tell who'd win because we've never seen karelin in a shoot.

Tobs - LOL...so lame, one attack. Gardner beat him. Royce would have smoked him. So would a lot of others.

I can tell youre a knowledgable combat sports fan.

HELWIG - 
Tobs - LOL...so lame, one attack. Gardner beat him. Royce would have smoked him. So would a lot of others.

How can you tell that? The guy called Karelin, who is perhaps the most dominant combat sport athlete of all time, 'lame'. Rather than knowledgable combat sports fan, he seems to be an ignorant UFC fan.

Karelin wins in wrestling probably with a little bit of training tomorrow.

in mma, i don't know...but he knew of sambo and also had a boxer father who taught him some boxing.

So you think Brock Lesnar is big and strong?!

Wrestling or MMA, it don't matter, this man will make him his bitch.

If Karelin was in UFC 1 it would have been Rickson representing Gracie JiuJitsu and not Royce -lol

GameBred76 - If Karelin was in UFC 1 it would have been Rickson representing Gracie JiuJitsu and not Royce -lol

LMAO!

... that ends that discussion.

+10

That is ridiculous...You do know Karelin got ROBBED of the gold medal with a penalty point that didn't exist??? Karelin would've had both Royce and Rickson for lunch at UFC 1. With all due respect to them both, they're not in his league. They're ground-game pioneers but by no means were they the athlete Karelin was. I can't think of anyone in combat sports who can compare in dominance - maybe only John Sullivan.

yeah, cuz Karelin knew submission defense?  he would have wondered what the fuck this skinny Royce was doing throwing his legs over his shoulders, then when Royce synched in the triangle, a wrestler, with no submission training, would have been choked out.  I hate bjj nutsuckers, but come on, he wouldn't have known any more than anyone else at UFC 1 about submission defense.

Karelin is bigger than Brock.

Karelin weighed in at 295 most days and was 6'4"

He was a monster...

"sorry guys i love karelin as much as anyone but with 0 knowledge of subs he would be tapping"

Karelin : Since I have not fought to Maeda, I do not know how strong Maeda is.He considers me his rival and chose me for his last fight (Maeda will retire after this match).No martial artists had considerd me their rival up to this point.And I would like to test his strength.

p : Maybe you have not fought any official bout except greco Roman.Why did you accept this challenge free fight like this match.

Karelin : I have competed the sambo Russian championships and got good results.The reason I come to fight on professional ring is to make sure of my ability in a different world.

Of course the "fight" was a work but the last part is what is interesting. He does not have 0 knowledge about subs. He would be far more crosstrained than Severn was

SarcasmMisser - 
HELWIG - 

How can you tell that? The guy called Karelin, who is perhaps the most dominant combat sport athlete of all time, 'lame'. Rather than knowledgable combat sports fan, he seems to be an ignorant UFC fan.
OldCharlesie - I think that was sarcasm on Helwig's part...

I think someone missed the point here...