Alexander Karelin vs Rickson in Pride 1

Who would have won?  If Rickson wins it’s by armbar...

seriously didnt Schultz cradle Rickson for 20 minutes with no knowledge of submissions.  With strikes think could have been different

Karelin would have slammed him on his head and thrown him out of the ring without breaking a sweat.

Yeah get this shit off the OG

What if

Karelin by death. BTW the UG sucks .. no true MMA/NHB fans in that forum .. only TUF noobs zuffa ufc fanboys ..

Rickson by armbar.

Meh. Karelin would take him down and then Rickson would sub him. This is early days. Karelin wouldn't be smart enough to keep it standing or to be able to finish on ground before being subbed. 

truewrestler -

Meh. Karelin would take him down and then Rickson would sub him. This is early days. Karelin wouldn't be smart enough to keep it standing or to be able to finish on ground before being subbed. 

This ... Rickson wouldn’t allow Karelin to pick him up in the air and slam him or throw him ...Rickson would’ve known what Karelin was capable of and would’ve adjusted ,....it would be a long fight but Rickson eventually wins it by submission. 

dios -
truewrestler -

This ... Rickson wouldn’t allow Karelin to pick him up in the air and slam him or throw him ...Rickson would’ve known what Karelin was capable of and would’ve adjusted ,....it would be a long fight but Rickson eventually wins it by submission. 

Lmfao wouldn’t allow Karelin to pick him up or slam him. You guys have no idea what you’re talking about. Karelin was throwing around 300lb men that were world class wrestlers so easily that guys literally didn’t want to face him for fear of injuries. But he wouldn’t have been able to slam a 180lb guy with zero takedown defense? 

Karelin. 

Even i know it took rickson twenty minutes or so to beat takada

Karelin would have ragdolled his ass. That's coming from a jiu jitsu practitioner that believes all of the Rickson stories.

Karelin

Rickson by armbar is my standard response but Karelin terrified giant Olympic wrestlers into bellying down like they were selling their ass.it was great and sad to watch. If you watch his highlights it doesn't make you want to train harder it makes you want to carry a pistol

At Pride 1, I’d go with Karelin by GNP but pre-ufc 1, I’d go with Rickson by RNC. 

18 year old Rickson was scared to fight Zulu, according to 50 years old Rickson in an interview.

40 year old Rickson would have shit his speedos at the sight of Karelin standing across the ring from him. 

Rickson 60%. Basic striking mixed with subs. He has the ability to finish and Karelin has either no sub defense or limited,  same with striking.  Long mostly boring fight imo

Karelin didnt like fighting, he was like rulon... they just liked to wrestle not fight. 

Eskimo -
dios -
truewrestler -

Lmfao wouldn’t allow Karelin to pick him up or slam him. You guys have no idea what you’re talking about. Karelin was throwing around 300lb men that were world class wrestlers so easily that guys literally didn’t want to face him for fear of injuries. But he wouldn’t have been able to slam a 180lb guy with zero takedown defense? 

You obviously haven’t seen the video where Rickson is thrown up in the air and with cat-like reflexes, he is able to land on his feet and in a position to submit his opponent ...Karelin would face the same fate ....let’s not forget , this would take in the 80’s , no one knew how to defend jiu jitsu ....you kids just started watching ufc and wwe and think you know everything ....I’ve been watching combat sports for over 30 years 

Karelin is one of the most dominant wrestlers of all time and would have had a massive weight advantage. From what I understand he had done at least some Sambo, so he would not have just thrown himself into an arm bar either.

Ryann Von Doom -

Karelin didnt like fighting, he was like rulon... they just liked to wrestle not fight. 

Ruling was undefeated in mma