Alien Covenant was meh....

Fucking garbage. Ridley scott is ruining the alien franchise almost on a resurrection level. The plot holes, the acting, the script in general was just bland and filled with muff cabbage. Fuck ridley scott and his apologists. 

Agreed on the meh but so much better than Prometheus piece of shiat.  Sad that they can make such crap that we find crap a little be less crappy acceptable these days.

might have been impressed with the end if i hadnt predicted it

It wasn't even "meh." The entire movie was absolute trash. There's no story, it's just a bunch of shit thrown against the wall with nothing sticking. It was a complete disaster of a movie. Ridley Scott sucks dicks.

Danny McBride even sucked in it. Just a horribly unnecesary and poorly thought out movie.

Saw it. Not good.

SPOILER::

My question about Daniels. She realized it was David after mentioning about the Cabin, yet David says nothing and suddenly she has a revelation that it IS David? Makes no sense. Did I miss something there or was that it? Terrible.

I enjoyed it, but it wasn't where I wanted the story to go.  

I'm not very picky, for what that is worth.  

SPOILERS

I hate how they killed off Shaw in a Newt and Hicks Aliens 3 type of treatment, she was awesome. 

I don't like how we see Shaw all mutated and cut up, but don't learn what the hell David actually did to her.  She looked like she had a Alien queen type of "fan" shaped growth growing up from her neck and behind her head. 

I don't like the notion that David might be the creator of the Alien, although that's debatable

It's weird how they just slaughtered off all the engineers without us learning anything more about them.  

Why did all the Engineers on that planet live in huts and look way different from the Engineer in Prometheus?  Were these like a nomadic race of the Engineers and the more advanced type like in Prometheus live somewhere else?  

It felt like fan service for all the people who whined that Prometheus wasn't dumbed down enough and didn't have enough "Alien" in it.  

But, I was entertained and will watch again.  

Also, I wonder if David transferred his "consciousness" into Walter's body.  I am not sure that he just cut off his hand, did his hair differently, cut his face up to match Walter's cuts, and changed his voice to sound like Walter.  

Nobody else witnessed the part of the fight where Walter's face got cut up, so why would David have cut his face to match the cuts on Walter's face in order to pass as him?  

He also had VERY little time to do all this:

Cut his hand off, do his hair differently, change into Walter's clothes, cut his face to match Walter's cuts.  

Did he just "plug in" somehow and take over Walter's body?  

BUT, we saw that Walter has the ability to heal (the wound from the Flute closed right up), and we see David stapling the wounds on his face, so that leads us to believe it IS David's body since he doesn't have the ability to heal.  

Why didn't the crew members notice that David (passing as Walter) had wounds on his face that weren't healing?  You would think they knew he should heal....

Just a few things that didn't seem consistent to me...  

Just saw this. I really got the impression that Scott trashed whatever movie he was gonna make to follow Prometheus and instead made another alien movie. It was kinda crappy...the horror aspects were good.

46and2 -

Also, I wonder if David transferred his "consciousness" into Walter's body.  I am not sure that he just cut off his hand, did his hair differently, cut his face up to match Walter's cuts, and changed his voice to sound like Walter.  

Nobody else witnessed the part of the fight where Walter's face got cut up, so why would David have cut his face to match the cuts on Walter's face in order to pass as him?  

He also had VERY little time to do all this:

Cut his hand off, do his hair differently, change into Walter's clothes, cut his face to match Walter's cuts.  

Did he just "plug in" somehow and take over Walter's body?  

BUT, we saw that Walter has the ability to heal (the wound from the Flute closed right up), and we see David stapling the wounds on his face, so that leads us to believe it IS David's body since he doesn't have the ability to heal.  

Why didn't the crew members notice that David (passing as Walter) had wounds on his face that weren't healing?  You would think they knew he should heal....

Just a few things that didn't seem consistent to me...  

I was wondering how the computer didn't instantly recognize that it wasn't Walter.

Right off the bat the fact they went to a complete alien planet and didn't even bother wearing masks ruined the movie for me. 

Alien was good. Aliens was not terrible. Alien Resurrection was good. Skip the rest.

MrBoone - Saw it. Not good.

My question about Daniels. She realized it was David after mentioning about the Cabin, yet David says nothing and suddenly she has a revelation that it IS David? Makes no sense. Did I miss something there or was that it? Terrible.

She mentioned wanting him to help her build a cabin blah blah and noticed that not only did he not remember but he got a emotional look.  Something David would NOT have done, hence her knowing it wasn't really him.

46and2 -

I enjoyed it, but it wasn't where I wanted the story to go.  

I'm not very picky, for what that is worth.  

SPOILERS

I hate how they killed off Shaw in a Newt and Hicks Aliens 3 type of treatment, she was awesome. 

I don't like how we see Shaw all mutated and cut up, but don't learn what the hell David actually did to her.  She looked like she had a Alien queen type of "fan" shaped growth growing up from her neck and behind her head. 

I don't like the notion that David might be the creator of the Alien, although that's debatable

It's weird how they just slaughtered off all the engineers without us learning anything more about them.  

Why did all the Engineers on that planet live in huts and look way different from the Engineer in Prometheus?  Were these like a nomadic race of the Engineers and the more advanced type like in Prometheus live somewhere else?  

It felt like fan service for all the people who whined that Prometheus wasn't dumbed down enough and didn't have enough "Alien" in it.  

But, I was entertained and will watch again.  

See that is just it, if you look at those engineers they don't look like the sleeker sophisticated ones we saw in Prometheus.  If anything I don't think they were actually engineers, as they looked primitive and didn't have any tech at all if you remember.  Its like they were either distant cousins or something as beyond being pale they shared nothing w what we were shown the Engineers to look and act like.

And sorry but anyone saying this POS was better than Prometheus is someone who just likes action for action.  Prometheus didn't have xenomorphs aplenty and had somewhat logical story.  This movie had xenomorphs and jack shit for story, thats the difference.  I legit think Scott made this movie for the dumbest of people who just want to cream their pants at seeing xenomorphs on screen and can't be bothered w a story after having to go through Prometheus that made the xenomorphs a side project and focused on story/character development.

It was a cool sci fi horror flick but it was a letdown as a Prometheous sequel and as an Alien prequel.

It offers its own explanation for events but that explanation muddies the water since it doesnt mesh with the previous hints given before in the franchise.

I've got to say, thought the plot was really weak.  Every stupid mistake you could make, they made.  Spoilers below:

1.  Despite being on a colonisation mission that someone no doubt paid for, they make a unilateral decision to go somewhere else.

2.  They go out on to an alien planet with very little in the way of PPE.  How do they know they wont come into contact with alien pathogens, dangerous flora or fauna?  No protective gloves (yes, latex gloves, awesome), breathing apparatus.

3.  They don't quaranteen the infected, instead they expose themselves to potentially infectious diseases.

4.  In the medical room with the first guy that gets infected, one of the women gets blood all over her and proceeds to tell the woman that hasn't to wait in the room while she runs off.

5.  Leaving people on their own on an alien planet.  I don't car if you're taking a piss, you just wouldn't leave someone on their own.

6.  Snorting foreign substances or simply sniffing unknown plants.

7.  Staring into eggs and once you see that there's an alien inside, continuing to stare until the point it burst onto your face.

8.  Bringing the main ship down to the planets surface to endanger everyone in stasis and the embryos.

The plot is as though they'd just pulled a bunch of people off the street and sent them into space to fuck around rather than any kind of organised mission.  They followed zero proffessional protocols or even basic common sense.

Honestly, I'm probably pissed because I'd read that it was good and I've just watched an absolute shower of ridiculous kid level shit.

Rant over.

Hunter V -
MrBoone - Saw it. Not good.

She mentioned wanting him to help her build a cabin blah blah and noticed that not only did he not remember but he got a emotional look.  Something David would NOT have done, hence her knowing it wasn't really him.

Crap meant Walter, but you get what I mean

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!