Aliens: Fireteam

Had no idea there was a new Aliens game on the horizon. I'm really hoping we don't get another colonial marines. Kinda looks like a Left 4 Dead type game. Don't know how I feel about it being only 3 players.

https://youtu.be/e6B98KAIyF8

3 Likes

This game better be fucking tense and rely on teamwork and motion trackers.

And please no fucking melee button. If a bug gets close to you, you should be dead as dogshit.

2 Likes

Ttt

Excited but very cautious

1 Like

I would love for a L4D type game! Eight possible players; 4 CMs and 4 Xenos. That would be fucking epic!!!!!

IN

Looks Awesome!

That's the kind of thing that could get me buying a console again

I want to believe

that this won't be a dumpster fire

I don’t love it being 3 man. There was a game I think called Avp 2000 that had a mode that put marines against aliens. Everyone is a marine with one alien. Every marine that dies becomes a new alien. The humans run around gathering weapons and ammo and usually ended up holing up in one dead end room with swarms of aliens pouring in after them. It was a tense and fun game mode 

Was interested until i saw the 3rd person view 

TheHoarseWhisperer -

I don’t love it being 3 man. There was a game I think called Avp 2000 that had a mode that put marines against aliens. Everyone is a marine with one alien. Every marine that dies becomes a new alien. The humans run around gathering weapons and ammo and usually ended up holing up in one dead end room with swarms of aliens pouring in after them. It was a tense and fun game mode 

Aliens vs predator 2 had that mode. 

r1ch -

Was interested until i saw the 3rd person view 

Yeah, I'm really hoping there is a 1st person option.

I think the main thing for me would be get the atmosphere right. I don't like the idea of left 4 dead hundreds of mindless aliens running at you and you have to bat em away with a stick. 

I'd much prefer they cut down the number of Aliens on screen and focus on clever AI. They should be cunning, spring traps and shit, which means you'd need to rely heavily on motion trackers etc. If an Alien gets close you should be absolutely fucked. No melee button, only a button to smash to hold on for dear life until a team mate can rescue you. If nobody gets to you in time you get murdered.

They need me to help them make this. I've still got PTSD from colonial marines.

DanTheWolfman -

That's the kind of thing that could get me buying a console again

Same

Or if Zipper ever gets resurrected and they make a new Socom game

2 Likes

How many types of enemies could they have? Facehuggers...aliens... and?

What was the last good aliens game and what console?

1 Like
NiteProwleR - 

What was the last good aliens game and what console?

2010's AVP. 

@Whambo, depends on the the original host of the Xenomorph as they take the DNA from them. 

1 Like

Kind of reminds me of the World War Z game.

I don't mind the 3rd person view.

It gives you a more realistic field of vision IMO.

Ttt