Alistair Overeem vs. Frank Mir at UFC 167

I predict Frank will be tactically losing consciousness and digging for underhooks.

Frank Mir has some of the worst clinch grappling in MMA in addition to having a terrible chin. Overeem has some of the best clinch grappling and clinch striking MMA, in addition to having good power.

Overeem.

so Mir gets thrashed in the clinch by barnett and now he's fighting a guy who may be even more devastating in the clinch...

In for the obligatory HL of Mir blasting Kongo for the fight's build-up. Phone Post 3.0

Overeem should easily take this...

But I just dont know about him these days,he might pull yet another "Ken Shamrock find a way to lose when he shoulda won" special.

epwar -

What a joke of a fight.  Zuffa is practcally handing Overeem a highlight reel KO.  Shameful.

Well theoretically I suppose.
But you never know with Reem.. Phone Post 3.0

Should have been Overeem vs. Mark Hunt II.  Oh well.

Nice stacked card. Will watch for sure.

Hopefully Overeem respects an opponent for once.

this all boils down to whether it's overeem or undereem. no steroid reem = loses to peewee herman.

On the surface, it seems like an easy win for Overeem. Reem is best (in the clinch) where Mir is worst. But this is Alistair Overeem we're talking about, this guy finds a way to screw up great things consistently, so anything can happen and Mir could very easily end up with a wheel kick KO lol.

Damn that's a stacked card. That one is worth ordering at home alone. Phone Post

As a Mir fan I hate this fight. I didn't like the Barnett matchup either. I also don't like the fact he's training at Jackson MMA.

I would rather see him as a gatekeeper or retire rather than risk getting an Overeem knee to the solar plexus Phone Post 3.0

Props to Mir doesn't turn down tough fights even when he's in the down side. Phone Post 3.0

IhaveDSL'SforPettis -
MartialArtsMixed - Ohmurgurd!! I have a feeling loser will get cut even though I'd like both fighters to keep fighting in the UFC until they retire Phone Post 3.0
Overeem will get cut, not Mir Phone Post 3.0

if he losses 4 in a row I'm sure dana would ask him to retire or cut him Phone Post

Another fight that overeem is supposed to win. I would laugh if Mir clips and ends up finishing him
And that card is fucking stacked I hope the injury curse doesn't strike again! Phone Post 3.0

John M -

On the surface, it seems like an easy win for Overeem. Reem is best (in the clinch) where Mir is worst. But this is Alistair Overeem we're talking about, this guy finds a way to screw up great things consistently, so anything can happen and Mir could very easily end up with a wheel kick KO lol.

Yep Phone Post

Whoah.. awesome. 

This time I can honestly say Overeem will win, Mir is to weak in the clinch and won't be able to take the beating like Brown did. Phone Post 3.0

Sick fight.