Alistair Overeem vs. Sam Hoger at Shooto Japan?

mmaweekly says it's gonna be at Glory 11 in Amsterdam:

The 29-year-old Strikeforce heavyweight champion is expected to face original "Ultimate Fighter" alum Sam Hoger at Glory 11 on Oct. 17 in his home city of Amsterdam.

Triple Crown Fighter's Steve Ruisch, who brokered the deal for Hoger, told MMAWeekly.com Monday afternoon that the deal was "95 percent finalized."

Awesome...

"Sam Hoger has tentatively agreed to face Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem for the Shooto organization in Japan. Our source informed us that both fighters have verbally agreed to the deal. Bout agreements have not been distributed but are expected shortly."

http://insidefights.com/2009/10/05/overeem-vs-hoger-slated-for-shooto/

WAT!?

L O LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

if this is true.

In Japan, R.I.P Hoger

LOL @ anyone who thinks Overeem isn't just dodging fighting in the US because of piss testing.

He is obviously doing this. Strikeforce, strip him of the fucking belt already.

This can't be true

Brigham -  LOL @ anyone who thinks Overeem isn't just dodging fighting in the US because of piss testing.

He is obviously doing this. Strikeforce, strip him of the fucking belt already.

No he's just...... ummm..... well.... damn Overeem!!!

Yes!

http://twitter.com/SamHoger/

team "Hogie" IMO.

Love rootin for the underdog!
GO Sam!

The card is believed to be in mid-November.

Hoger may well be able to steal a victory.

IrishFighter110 - Alistair Overeem is a disgrace to the sport of MMA. Juiced up douche doesnt want to fight in the states cus he cant past the test.

I actually have to agree with you. He should be stripped of the title.

TheGoldenRule - Hoger may well be able to steal a victory.

No.. He cant.

this has "fight of the year" written all over it!

Hoger in 3, 2, PINGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From bloodyelbow.com:

Shooto is probably a mistake. Holland’s Glory events use Shooto rules and Alistair is scheduled to fight a their Decade show in Amsterdam, Oct 17th. I guess Hoger will be his opponent.

Also Ultimate Glory events are sometimes referred as Shooto Glory here. Martijn de Jong is both a matchmaker for Glory and Shooto Europe president.

Card - From bloodyelbow.com:

Shooto is probably a mistake. Holland’s Glory events use Shooto rules and Alistair is scheduled to fight a their Decade show in Amsterdam, Oct 17th. I guess Hoger will be his opponent.

Also Ultimate Glory events are sometimes referred as Shooto Glory here. Martijn de Jong is both a matchmaker for Glory and Shooto Europe president.

Maybe... but the report says Shooto in Japan. It could be referring to the Oct. 30th Vale Tudo Japan 2009 card, which is promoted by Sustain, a Shooto license holder

Hoger is going to be the pinata and Overeem is going to be the stick.

LMAO