Alistair Overeem x Brett Rogers PREDICTIONS

Read mine, leave yours.

Comments, criticism, and creative name calling are all encouraged.

Overeem - I'm thinking KO by a knee.

round one KO inside 2 minutes. Overeem wins easily.

Grim wins 4:27 round 2 via submission (von flue choke)

flying knee ko by overeem

Rogers TKO or KO

overeem will do what he does best, quit.

Overeem by guillotine choke, round 1

studiocamp - overeem will do what he does best, quit.

scourge - Overeem by guillotine choke, round 1

I'm predicting both of the classic Overeem techniques will be at play... the leaping left knee to the midsection, and I think he'll bomb knees from the clinch and then catch Rogers with the standing guillotine.

I'm actually really looking forward to this mofo.

I'm predicting some pretty crisp striking from Overeem due to his recent K1 outings. I think Rogers will be too slow and out-gunned.

Overeem by....KO round 1

humphrey sphinctermuscle - 
studiocamp - overeem will do what he does best, quit.

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qj9Y2vH9_0o&hl=en_US&fs=1&"&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qj9Y2vH9_0o&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

I had no idea tonight's fight was a K1 match.

His hands are not crisp. 

The only portion of his striking that is k-1 level is his knees,

He does not have heart to dig deep when he is in trouble and that flaw alone is why I chose Rogers.

Rogers is a big strong guy, and Overeem won't bully him around,

The only thing with Rogers right now is he's coming off a big KO loss, so he may be gun shy and more

apt to being ko'd

The way he was on top of Fedor throwing bombs empressed the hell out of me, if the same happens with overeem he will be done.

Uncle Justice - 
scourge - Overeem by guillotine choke, round 1

I'm predicting both of the classic Overeem techniques will be at play... the leaping left knee to the midsection, and I think he'll bomb knees from the clinch and then catch Rogers with the standing guillotine.

I'm actually really looking forward to this mofo.

probably will go down exactly like this

Retard - His hands are not crisp. 

The only portion of his striking that is k-1 level is his knees,

He does not have heart to dig deep when he is in trouble and that flaw alone is why I chose Rogers.

Rogers is a big strong guy, and Overeem won't bully him around,

The only thing with Rogers right now is he's coming off a big KO loss, so he may be gun shy and more

apt to being ko'd

The way he was on top of Fedor throwing bombs empressed the hell out of me, if the same happens with overeem he will be done.

This is a very interesting truth that I outlined in the article.

Its weird that Overeem is a touted K-1 striker, but really only for his knees in the clinch, and his leaping left-knee to the body.

He rarely even throws kicks other than the occassional low kick, and also doesn't string punching combinations together, but rather blasts a sharp left hook (which I would indeed call "crisp") when breaking the clinch.

I'll also state that although his knee to the body could be a key to victory, he's also been caught in midst of unleashing it because he drops his hands.

must post...on...thread...ug...time...limited

check out how overeem reacts to being rushed with punches by Feitosa, literally turning his back and retreating towards the corner. That's probably not the best strategy against Rogers

"Rogers is a big strong guy, and Overeem won't bully him around, "

I think he probably will. A much smaller Alistair threw the 245lb judo/jambo Kharitonov to the ground hard enough to dislocate his shoulder or whatever. Just because Fedor didn't completely have his way with Rogers doesn't mean Alistair won't.

Of course with that said, Rogers hits hard and Alistair has thus far pretty much ALWAYS come up short against good opponents.

Like I said on another thread, both guys have very dangerous strikes, but both are also very over-rated (imo). Alistair seems to have the massive advantage on paper, with his takedowns, subs, and varied (and presumably higher level) striking; but unlike Rogers, he has also been beaten (and, frankly, wrecked) many times.

Rogers via America.Fuck Yeah.

humphrey sphinctermuscle - round one KO inside 2 minutes. Overeem wins easily.

missed by one minute.

Rogers should be relagated back to where he belongs now, which is maybe top 30

by the way, overeem threw that clump of dough around like a rag doll. ROFL