Alkaline water : TME

Bullshit or no? Does it remove fluoride?

Just got a gallon of "kangen" alkaline water for $2 to see what this shit is all about.

I don't have a clue about it, but lately my wife has been trying to tell me to drink alkaline water.

In for explanations. Phone Post

It's crapola. They add salts to maintain alkalinity.

Rain fresh is my favorite water. In case you're interested to know. Phone Post 3.0

Bump, anybody have solid info with sources? Phone Post

It's ionised water. Water that has a PH level over 7. The higher the PH level, the less acidic the water becomes. Alkaline is basically the opposite of acid. The body runs its best in an alkaline environment, where as, for example, cancer thrives in an acidic one.

Personally, I find Alkaline water to be smoother to drink. It just seems to taste smoother than other water. Could be all in my head though. Phone Post 3.0

Kangen water has changed my life.

Will post more about it tomorrow. Phone Post 3.0

It is bullshit.
Go here for some actual science:
http://www.quackwatch.com/search/webglimpse.cgi?ID=1&query=Alkaline

LoveToChoke - It is bullshit.

Quack watch has been exposed a long time ago for shilling for the pharmaceutical industry. They demonize all natural/homeopathic medicine and endorse nearly all western medicine practices, like a pill for every ill.

Are you meaning to tell me there is no benefit to eating alkaline foods as well?

Some of the many are listed below:

Green leafy vegetables (e.g. spinach, kale);
Wild edibles (e.g., dandelion, nettles, wild grasses);
Fresh herbs (e.g. parsley, cilantro, basil, garlic);
Grasses (e.g. wheat, barley grass);
Sprouts;
Sea vegetables (e.g. kelp, nori, dulse, spirulina, blue green algae);
Medicinal mushrooms (e.g. shiitake, maitake, reishi).

It's well known that if your diet or liquid intake is about 70% alkaline, than your body will be able to do what it was designed to do: HEAL ITSELF.

So, you can either eat a shit ton of the foods listed above and be healthy, which lets face it, is tough to do and stick to, or you can simply drink about a gallon of high alkaline water to keep your pH in balance.

You obviously have never tried either and just posted the first thing that you saw when you googled alkaline water.

I personally know many people who have benefited from high alkaline diets/water and you would too if you tried it. Phone Post 3.0

Dr. Otto Warburg won the Nobel Prize for medicine in 1931 for this discovery:

The root cause of cancer is oxygen deficiency, which creates an acidic state in the human body. Dr. Warburg also discovered that cancer cells are anaerobic (do not breathe oxygen) and cannot survive in the presence of high levels of oxygen, as found in an alkaline state. Phone Post 3.0

Crazy Water #4 is my favorite, we may only have it in Texas. It has a pH of 8.2 and is mineral water with loads of dissolved solids from Mineral Wells, TX. I don't know if it makes me healthier, but it's a great hydration drink and tastes awesome.

My wife says it tastes like seawater. Phone Post 3.0

The Big Lebansky -

Quack watch has been exposed a long time ago for shilling for the pharmaceutical industry. They demonize all natural/homeopathic medicine and endorse nearly all western medicine practices, like a pill for every ill.

Are you meaning to tell me there is no benefit to eating alkaline foods as well?

Sprouts;

It's well known that if your diet or liquid intake is about 70% alkaline, than your body will be able to do what it was designed to do: HEAL ITSELF.

So, you can either eat a shit ton of the foods listed above and be healthy, which lets face it, is tough to do and stick to, or you can simply drink about a gallon of high alkaline water to keep your pH in balance.

You obviously have never tried either and just posted the first thing that you saw when you googled alkaline water.

I personally know many people who have benefited from high alkaline diets/water and you would too if you tried it. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah we eat about 90% vegan (with fish) and totally gluten free, so I know the benefits of an alkaline diet.

Does alkaline water still contain fluoride? Do you think it's worth paying $1 / gallon? Phone Post

There is an essay on Quackwatch written by an Associate Professor from John Hopkins university. But I am sure you guys know more than he does.

so where is the evidence for Alkaline water? Saying "it is well known" is not evidence. Show me the science.

And another thing. It would be very simple to prove the Quackwatch is bullshit - just provide evidence for the fanciful claims of the people he targets.

It's just water Phone Post 3.0

no-gi_JAMES420 -
The Big Lebansky -

Sprouts;

Yeah we eat about 90% vegan (with fish) and totally gluten free, so I know the benefits of an alkaline diet.

Does alkaline water still contain fluoride? Do you think it's worth paying $1 / gallon? Phone Post

Thanks for your reply.

The filter that the Kangen System comes with a filter that will take out out a good amount of the fluoride, but they do have an additional filter that will filter out all the fluoride for only $60.

Some water treatment plants throughout the world don't put fluoride in the water and as a matter of fact it's been downright outlawed in some countries, which is why the fluoride Pre-filter isn't standard.

Some tap water has other nasty chronicles in it as well and the Kangen system allows you to purchase any kind of Pre-filter to target whatever stuff your water contains.

I'm been drinking this Kangen water for 2 months now and it's changing my life. Phone Post 3.0

*chemicals

*I've

Stupid unjailbreakable iphone! Phone Post 3.0

Why not just buy a reverse osmosis system to get the fluoride out?  Can get them at Costco for $200-$300

The Big Lebansky -

Sprouts;

Yes but your study is flawed as you have

no control (someone who eats equal parts alkaline and acid)

No opposite (someone who eats only acidic stuff)

And no scientific basis to say your friends are healthy. Phone Post

Chareth Cutestory -
The Big Lebansky - Quack watch has been exposed a long time ago for shilling for the pharmaceutical industry. They demonize all natural/homeopathic medicine and endorse nearly all western medicine practices, like a pill for every ill.

All homeopathic products are bullshit. Not some, not most, ALL. The effective ingredients in homeopathic products are measured in parts per trillion. This means for every 1,000,000,000,000 water molecules, there will be 1 molecule of active ingredient.
Wow!

Keep on taking your pills and vaccines.

I'll keep letting my food and water be my medicine. Phone Post 3.0