*ALL* GROIN KICKS SHOULD BE 1 POINT DEDUCTIONS

I have gotten hit with inside lowkicks lots of times. Usually my opponent is the one who gets pissed because he just kicked a steel cup and hurt his shin

Thai steel cups! And make sure they are the right size unless you want one of yer balls decapitated

Diego stole my name - I have gotten hit with inside lowkicks lots of times. Usually my opponent is the one who gets pissed because he just kicked a steel cup and hurt his shin

Thai steel cups! And make sure they are the right size unless you want one of yer balls decapitated

Agreed on Thai steel cups. Groin kicks still need to be curbed though :)

I think you would be opening a pandoras box. There have been quite a few Matt Hughes scenarios where people claim they were hurt by inside lowkicks that were not even near the balls.

Fake being hurt, opponent get point deducted, wich works in your favour in a close fight

Bad move imo

Shooto has even worse where if the opponent cannot continue then you win by default. Aoki has a couple of "wins" that way

I don't think it would work

the only problem is fakers like Matt Hughes would win fights based on this

Diego stole my name - I think you would be opening a pandoras box. There have been quite a few Matt Hughes scenarios where people claim they were hurt by inside lowkicks that were not even near the balls.

Fake being hurt, opponent get point deducted, wich works in your favour in a close fight

Bad move imo

Shooto has even worse where if the opponent cannot continue then you win by default. Aoki has a couple of "wins" that way

Yeah I see what you're saying, but in UFC and other legit orgs, instant replay can be used to review whether or not the kick actually landed to the groin. Basically it does or it doesn't, and the offender (either the ball-striker or the faker) should be penalized either way. Trust me the last thing I want to see is MMA become soccer where everyone's faking groin kicks; faking would need to be curbed just as strongly as the foul itself IMO

Make them legal IMO.

Brian Rule, the one thing you are failing to realize is that many groin kicks are a result of both fighter's movements, not just the offending fighter.

The guy who got hit often times is ducking or moving his hips around and gets caught in the groin. You can't realistically expect a kicker to realign his kicks in milliseconds with his opponent's movements.

Groin kicks are unavoidable and it's a fact of fighting you have to live with if kicking is in the rules. The ONLY way to effectively remove groin kicks from the game is to make kicking against the rules.

^^ You can't tell me constant and blatant offenders such as Kongo are anything but deliberate.

ajjr0ller - ^^ You can't tell me constant and blatant offenders such as Kongo are anything but deliberate.

He has even admitted it IIRC

JimShields - Brian Rule, the one thing you are failing to realize is that many groin kicks are a result of both fighter's movements, not just the offending fighter.

The guy who got hit often times is ducking or moving his hips around and gets caught in the groin. You can't realistically expect a kicker to realign his kicks in milliseconds with his opponent's movements.

Groin kicks are unavoidable and it's a fact of fighting you have to live with if kicking is in the rules. The ONLY way to effectively remove groin kicks from the game is to make kicking against the rules.

What you're failing to realize is that I do realize it, just read my first post again. In every other major sport is doesn't matter if you mis-judged your opponent's actions, you still committed the foul. There's a big difference between hitting the quarterback while he still has the ball versus after he's already thrown it, and it's up to the tackler to determine whether or not fully commit -- it involves the same split-second decision-making that a leg-kicker should have before throwing one. If he lands squarely great for him; if he takes the risk and kicks the guy in his nuts, it's a foul and it's his fault.

I agree in principal, but I worry about MMA fighters turning into soccer fairies and hit the ground writhing in feigned agony every time a strike comes anywhere close to their wedding tackle.

Inside leg kicks are only used to set up "accidental" nutshots.  Honest fighters don't use them.

Squared Circle -  Inside leg kicks are only used to set up "accidental" nutshots.  Honest fighters don't use them.

yep.

This is why they need to ditch the 10 point must system.

Currently a one point deduction (the least severe penalty a ref can impose)has a huge impact on any decision.

At the same time there absolutely should be a standard penalty for any and every occurance of fence grabbbing and groin strikes.

It's not like guys will try to take a shot to the nuts to get the call the way some do with back of the head strikes.
And if they do stop to take away a point the ref can review the foul first.

Why not just give fighters better cups? The Nutty Buddy is supposed to pretty amazing.

Nicos - Why not just give fighters better cups? The Nutty Buddy is supposed to pretty amazing.

I doesnt matter if there is a brick wall between your balls and a powerful strike,if the strike is hard enough,it will still compress your balls and hurt.

voorhees - 
Nicos - Why not just give fighters better cups? The Nutty Buddy is supposed to pretty amazing.

I doesnt matter if there is a brick wall between your balls and a powerful strike,if the strike is hard enough,it will still compress your balls and hurt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV831oPwG8M

Papa BUrgandy - Make them legal IMO.

agreed

fighters should defend their groin regardless of whether or not it is legal to kick there.