All of a sudden Dana is open to GSP/Khabib

Maybe because it was framed as Khabib's final fight...

https://twitter.com/jedigoodman/status/1287920051295629312

Every other time I’ve heard Dana asked about this, he’s said no, it’s not going to happen. 

1 Like

Khabib is back in training, by the way...

https://twitter.com/MiddleEasy/status/1287820529391538176

Too late... gsp might only take this fight at 170 at this point

I don't wanna see it. Khabib smeshs old GSP. Id LOVE to see Prime GSP/Khabib though 

1 Like

BLAF looks about 80 there 

PLEASE make this fight happen!

I think Dana will be very open to this fight if it’s clear that Khabib plans to retire. He doesn’t want Georges coming in, taking another title, and then leaving again. But, if it’s Khabib’s last fight, everybody wins.

2 Likes

They wouldn’t pay GSP before but will now? 

Conor must be a factor lol

hyperfire -

Too late... gsp might only take this fight at 170 at this point

Where are you getting this from?  If it's just "your brain"...

1 Like

Imaging the crowd noise if gsp hit him with the knee tap? 

cant root against gsp 

It's going to be the retirement fight they push for if khabib gets through justin. You will know If gsp starts dropping weight anytime soon. 

If the belt is vacated after, which it would with either gsp or khabib winning, dana would allow it. 

Of course this thread is full of complaints and I don't want to see it cries.

hahaha, UG always gonna UG.

MojoSoDope -

It's going to be the retirement fight they push for if khabib gets through justin. You will know If gsp starts dropping weight anytime soon. 

GSP already looks tiny 

I read somewhere that his dad wanted him to fight GSP at 170

I think any version of GSP beats khabib.  Might not be exciting, but he can very easily goto a jab and jog victory over khabib.

khabib still has to get past Justin.

Darth Potato - 

I think any version of GSP beats khabib.  Might not be exciting, but he can very easily goto a jab and jog victory over khabib.

khabib still has to get past Justin.

I agree.

I'd love to see it. 

If it’s at 160 or less I’d make Khabib the favourite. 

1 Like

GSP and Ferguson are the fights i most want for Khabib

1 Like

GSP’s overall ground game is better than Khabib’s in my opinion. His mixture of wrestling and BJJ beats Khabib’s aggressive gnp I would also give GSP the edge in his striking, as well. GSP also always comes into a fight with top shelf stamina and cardio. Depending on what weight they fight at, I would struggle as to who I’d give the strength advantage to. If GSP has to come down below 170 to fight Khabib, I’d give it to Khabib, but GSP if it’s at 170.

This is a very intriguing fight. Following GSP with social media, interviews, and interviews with people around him, it sounds like the guy is always in shape, and never stops training and learning to continue to become a more complete mixed martial artist.