All of a sudden Dana is open to GSP/Khabib

GSP beats Khabib like a drum and becomes the first triple weight champion.

If it was at 155 would it be for GOAT status?

For sure If GSP wins, he is GOAT but if Khabib beats Justin and then an old GSP, is he GOAT or no?

wiggum -
Darth Potato - 

I think any version of GSP beats khabib.  Might not be exciting, but he can very easily goto a jab and jog victory over khabib.

khabib still has to get past Justin.

I agree.

Father Time GSP may really struggle

He commented on a Rogan post "October - Gaetjhe  and April - GSP

*Khabib commented

GSP would be too strong for Khabib.  Love watch Khabib fight and win but there has yet to be a fighter GSP couldn’t solve. Everyone is “the best” at something until they fight GSP and he proves he’s better. First overhand Khabib throws he will be on his back and will stay there. 

GSP seems like the better striking. Wrestling possibly equal.  But father time plays a factor. 

If Khabib comes in as an underdog, id throw on him

Bend The Knee -

GSP seems like the better striking. Wrestling possibly equal.  But father time plays a factor. 

If Khabib comes in as an underdog, id throw on him

Father Time, as they say, is undefeated. Anderson Silva is proof of that. Fedor is proof of that. I'd rather not see a past-his-prime GSP end his career with a loss, but I'd love to see him pick up the win!

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much - 

If it was at 155 would it be for GOAT status?

For sure If GSP wins, he is GOAT but if Khabib beats Justin and then an old GSP, is he GOAT or no?

I would say no on Khabib. He could be the GOAT, but he needs to beat more top level guys. In his entire career, he’s only beaten 3 top 5 guys: RDA, Conor and Poirier

Even if we add Gaethje and GSP to this, it’s a well past his prime GSP and still only 5 big fights.

Compare that to a guy like Jones, Anderson, Mighty Mouse, GSP, Fedor etc who all have…10+ wins over top end guys, and it’s tough to say Khabib is the GOAT. Best 155er ever? Sure, but when we’re talking GOAT, it’s really tough to be the GOAT with 4 title defenses, and it’s much easier to discredit his. Conor was out of the cage 2 years, and has 1 win at 155 in the UFC, GSP would be well past his prime, he won a vacant title over a guy ranked like 8th who took the fight on short notice etc.

If Khabib stuck around after beating GSP and defended the belt a few more times? Fuck yeah, but I think with 4 defenses it’s tough. He’s one of my favorites ever, and I think he has the skills for a long sustained run, but appears to want to retire just as his title reign is getting started.

Thepot -

GSP would be too strong for Khabib.  Love watch Khabib fight and win but there has yet to be a fighter GSP couldn’t solve. Everyone is “the best” at something until they fight GSP and he proves he’s better. First overhand Khabib throws he will be on his back and will stay there. 

I’m curious what happens when they clinch.

Khabib likely gets the trip but can GSP sweep? 

wiggum - I think Dana will be very open to this fight if it's clear that Khabib plans to retire. He doesn't want Georges coming in, taking another title, and then leaving again. But, if it's Khabib's last fight, everybody wins.

This is the only way he’s open to it imo as well. No lose situation for the ufc if both guys are retiring after the fight. 

da Vinci 81 - 
wiggum - I think Dana will be very open to this fight if it's clear that Khabib plans to retire. He doesn't want Georges coming in, taking another title, and then leaving again. But, if it's Khabib's last fight, everybody wins.

This is the only way he’s open to it imo as well. No lose situation for the ufc if both guys are retiring after the fight. 

Yup. Nothing get delegitimized, no momentum is lost, and the UFC has the chance to promote one of the great money/legacy/martial arts fights in history.

wiggum -
da Vinci 81 - 

Yup. Nothing get delegitimized, no momentum is lost, and the UFC has the chance to promote one of the great money/legacy/martial arts fights in history.

Man that fight is huge.

I cant remember ever being more excited for a fight, and I have been plenty excited for a lotof fights.

Mustard Tiger - 

GSP beats Khabib like a drum and becomes the first triple weight champion.

yep! And then conor comes out of retiremnt to figh GSP for the biggest fight on this side of eternity.

Khabib's final fight is Gaethje. He just doesn't know it yet. GSP is just a piece of cheese for Khabib to sniff in order to agree to fight Gaethje.