All saying Ariel got what he deserved

In what logical way, do you think it's warranted? I'm honestly trying to have a sensible conversation about this, as I cannot, in any way, see how the ufc's behavior is appropriate. Don't state opinions without actual logic please. Either side of this. Phone Post 3.0

yes..ufc gave him inside access which he used against the ufc to undercut their reveals...so they warned him several times but he did it anyways, so they took away his access...pretty straight forward really

The thinking is that Ariel knew or should have known that this scoop was not public and that reporting it through sources that knew private info would anger the ufc and the consequences are foreseeable. He has the right to report and ufc has the right to expel anyone they deem is hurting their business. Phone Post 3.0

gokudamus - yes..ufc gave him inside access which he used against the ufc to undercut their reveals...so they warned him several times but he did it anyways, so they took away his access...pretty straight forward really

They never once told him what they did or didn't want him reporting on. 

No way do I believe Ariel is naive enough to not know the consequences of his actions. Reporting news an hour before the UFC was planning a big announcement, sure he has the right to do it but don't act surprised when the UFC gets really pissed and kicks him out (espeically ater everything thats happened between them)

He knew what was going to happen and he did it anyway, so in a sense yeah he got what he deserved. (Although I don't take any pleasure from seeing it happen)

pud12 - 
gokudamus - yes..ufc gave him inside access which he used against the ufc to undercut their reveals...so they warned him several times but he did it anyways, so they took away his access...pretty straight forward really

yeah they did..ariel himself said they told him not to do it after he spoiled the diaz/mcregor ii news that day

pud12 -

Doesn't take a genius to work out that they probably don't want somone reporting the big secret announcement that they have planned for an hour's time. Ariel poked the bear one too many times and got bit

pud12 -

Did ariel say this? Do you have a link to him saying this I'd like to check it out

brahmabull81 - HE BROKE NEWS. This isnt WWE where they are keeping surprises and storylines a secret. This isnt a staged fucking soap opera. A fucking huge signing is being rumored and hed jumped on it from his own sources and reported it. Thats what reporters do.

Do I personally care that Ariel broke the news? Obviously not. I'm looking at this from the UFC's perspective. If you have one guy that constantly over and over again keeps reporting all your major news to the public before you've had a chance to then there's a very good chance he's not gonna be your favorite guy in the world. Ariel had countless warnings this would happen and decided to do it anyway. We have to live with the choices we make

That's not true. Why you making shit up? Phone Post 3.0

He wasnt getting his stories from the UFC, he went straight to the fighters, managers and people in the industry.   The fuck are you talking about?

Kimbo Kardashian -
pud12 -

Did ariel say this? Do you have a link to him saying this I'd like to check it out

He broke everything down on the mma hour today.  It was just Ariel telling his history with Zuffa for almost 2 hours

brahmabull81 - HE BROKE NEWS. This isnt WWE where they are keeping surprises and storylines a secret. This isnt a staged fucking soap opera. A fucking huge signing is being rumored and hed jumped on it from his own sources and reported it. Thats what reporters do.
This is my thing. No different than any other sport where leaks are made about trades or other big news. Espn reporters don't get banned. He's a journalist reporting sports news. Nothing else. Regardless of how it impacts the ufc's announcements. They need to address their leaks, nothing else. Phone Post 3.0

gokudamus -
pud12 - 

yeah they did..ariel himself said they told him not to do it after he spoiled the diaz/mcregor ii news that day
Not true. Listen to his podcast from today Phone Post 3.0

I feel terrible for Ariel. I understand both sides and where they are coming from but it sounds like Ariel and Zuffa's history is a story of poor communication.

And even if you don't feel bad for Ariel, you have to feel for Casey Leydon and Esther Lin. They literally did nothing and have nothing to do with the situation. They just happen to work for the same site as Ariel and the UFC decided to be complete pricks that Saturday evening. Phone Post 3.0

ttiger1 -
gokudamus -
pud12 - 

Not true. Listen to his podcast from today Phone Post 3.0
I did. He knew he fucked up. He was so scared to see Dana that he had to bring Casey with him. He knew exactly what he was doing and how the ufc didn't want him to and he did it anyways.

And all this news was broken when he was in the media room. Obviously being physically there helps him get these scoops so removing him from there was totally logical. Phone Post 3.0

he doesnt have inside access thats any different from any other reporter. he just has good sources. maybe Dana and Lorenzo should find out who actually keeps leaking the news to Ariel Phone Post 3.0

You kept saying that on the other thread? I don't remember ever hearing this. In what situation did they warn him? Source? Phone Post 3.0

I think it's more like they took a benefit away from him.  He's not entitled to special access and he can still do his job as he sees fit.

It could've been handled better, but I was way more upset when Stitch and Burt was shown the door. Ariel is and always has come across as a douche.