All that UFC “hype machine” moaning is ridiculous

“Oh they’re promoting Ngannou instead of Stipe” blah blah blah. 

Promotion has been equal for both fighters. The only way you can have new stars (which UFC lacks right now) is by building up all these up and comers like Frances. Promotions however has literally been about the same for both fighters. 

The difference is a lot of people connect with guys like Ngannou who are underdogs and have an incredible story like his. Obviously UFC has to capitalize on this to hype the challenger and give the fight hype. 

“But fuck Dana he’s a dick for hyping up Ngannou, he’s kissing his ass and not stipe” give me a fucking break. There was a lot of wonder created around Ngannou but it wasn’t because of Dana or a hype machine, people were simply fascinated by the guy. Now that he lost a lot of that wonder has died obviously. 

People bitch because UFC doesn’t have any other stars besides Conor yet they also bitch when they promote a new Star who has potential to reach that level. Stipe is the greatest HW in ufc history but his popularity peaked, dude just doesn’t have that level of charisma.

Steven McTowelie -

lol

superCulo -

Promotion has been equal for both fighters. The only way you can have new stars (which UFC lacks right now) is by building up all these up and comers like Frances. Promotions however has literally been about the same for both fighters. 

The difference is a lot of people connect with guys like Ngannou who are underdogs and have an incredible story like his. Obviously UFC has to capitalize on this to hype the challenger and give the fight hype. 

“But fuck Dana he’s a dick for hyping up Ngannou, he’s kissing his ass and not stipe” give me a fucking break. There was a lot of wonder created around Ngannou but it wasn’t because of Dana or a hype machine, people were simply fascinated by the guy. Now that he lost a lot of that wonder has died obviously. 

People bitch because UFC doesn’t have any other stars besides Conor yet they also bitch when they promote a new Star who has potential to reach that level. Stipe is the greatest HW in ufc history but his popularity peaked, dude just doesn’t have that level of charisma.

Issue is that they call them the greatest before they've even had 3 fights. Call them monsters and scariest men even tho the champ has won more and defeated more...  why not promote the champs more!!

Simplicity -
superCulo -

Issue is that they call them the greatest before they've even had 3 fights. Call them monsters and scariest men even tho the champ has won more and defeated more...  why not promote the champs more!!

Because fans for the most part don’t show much interest in stipe despite all his accomplishments 

superCulo -
Simplicity -
superCulo -

Because fans for the most part don’t show much interest in stipe despite all his accomplishments 

Everyone was cheering for Stipe at the bar I saw the fights at. 

Personally I don’t understand why people even care even if the UFC is promoting one fighter more than the other. It’s not going to make any difference on which fighter I’m rooting for.

This might come as a shocker, but I think the UFC has favorites for every fight.

Aleck911 -
superCulo -
Simplicity -
superCulo -

He has some popularity but he will never be in the level of GSP, Ronda Rousey, Conor Mcgregor, etc. 

Ngannou had that potential. It only makes sense ufc would capitalize on it.

superCulo -
Aleck911 -
superCulo -
Simplicity -
superCulo -

He has some popularity but he will never be in the level of GSP, Ronda Rousey, Conor Mcgregor, etc. 

Ngannou had that potential. It only makes sense ufc would capitalize on it.

You really think that Ngannou could be that popular? I think Stipe has a higher popularity potential that Francis. But he has not been given any extra push at all