All Time Favorite Real Arcade Game?

I loved playing video games at the corner store growing up. This was a right of passage and man was it fun. I have a real Life Size Arcade Game at my house that has 1,000 games on it. Was playing with my kids yesterday. We have it all Street Fighter, Mortal Combat, Ghost & Goblins, Pac Man etc. So my son asks what is the best game? I said “Mortal Kombat”. So if you had to pick one what is it?

1 Like

Street fighter 2. Many quarters lost after school, not eating lunch so I could use that money.

Tons of kids from school crowded around the machine waiting and watching.

7 Likes

Double Dragon 

4 Likes

MK2 is my favorite of all time, but Mappy was also great.

# 1 may be the Star Wars game where you sat in the cabin and the grahics were just green lines.

Was the tits for it's time.

3 Likes

Space Invaders.

1 Like

Asteroids

Street Fighter II

Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition 

4 Likes

When I was a kid, back in the 80-90s, there was an arcade in Chula Vista, CA that had play all day for $10.  10-8pm.  With $20, you'd catch a flick at the discount theater a couple of sodas and an all day pass to the arcade.

SF 1, 2, super, gauntlet, pacman, all the old titles, you name it.

I still suck at SF.

2 Likes

I remember being a kid when they had first started putting the locks on shopping carts that required a quarter to open. It was the best thing ever.

Nobody brought the carts back so when my allowance would run out, I'd hit the lot for a half hour returning carts and get another couple hours in the arcade for my troubles, lol.

Double Dragon

Street Fighter

WWF

Star Trek pinball

TMNT pinball

Some racing games as well but they all got a lot of quarters from me.

theBEAToff -

Double Dragon 

This is an all time great and not on my machine- thanks for this will be sure to get

xNate -

When I was a kid, back in the 80-90s, there was an arcade in Chula Vista, CA that had play all day for $10.  10-8pm.  With $20, you'd catch a flick at the discount theater a couple of sodas and an all day pass to the arcade.

SF 1, 2, super, gauntlet, pacman, all the old titles, you name it.

I still suck at SF.

Gauntlet was the event. Me and 3 buddies would get $20 each worth of quarters and go on an all day mission 

Marvel Vs Capcom 2

Joust

2 Likes

OP, do you have, specifically, Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting on your rig? That is the last of the 3 SF2 games. It's extremely similar to the ones before it but with quite a few "tweaks" that make it the best version.

Dragon's Lair. So different.

1 Like

Street fighter 2 or Time Crisis

Galaga

3 Likes

The four player games were my favorite: Dungeons and Dragons Tower of Doom and Shadow over Mystara, The Simpsons, X-Men (1992 one), and TMNT Turtles in Time. 

2 Likes

Punch Out

Star Wars (sitdown version)