All Time Favorite Real Arcade Game?

My4thaccount -

Bunch of idiots, not one person even said sunset riders

My cousins had it on SNES. I played it a lot.

They need to make that into a movie.

I was 13 years old in the early eighties, and spent a summer in a small village in the mountains of Italy.  They had Moon Patrol.  My mom sent me to Italy with a bunch of traveller's cheques and that is the only game I ever beat.

1 Like
jman -
JoeVIP  - 

Galaga

Winner!!!

ya >

There was a Superman arcade game I loved in early 90s at the mall 

Cruisin’ USA

![](upload://hu0v2CquGdMt4TRi8Xid2r8RGb5.jpeg)

720 Bitches… FTW !!!SKATE OR DIE!!!

3 Likes

Tough choice between Double Dragon and Shinobi.

mikethecricket -

I was 13 years old in the early eighties, and spent a summer in a small village in the mountains of Italy.  They had Moon Patrol.  My mom sent me to Italy with a bunch of traveller's cheques and that is the only game I ever beat.

Cool story.

robert bentley -
scrapdo - 

MK2 is my favorite of all time, but Mappy was also great.

# 1 may be the Star Wars game where you sat in the cabin and the grahics were just green lines.

Was the tits for it's time.

https://youtu.be/PzGWEYCRA0w

OMG this had been my favourite for a LONG time.

I was pretty chuffed to find that there was an Arcade Bar in Toronto that had this game (along with a bunch of others - Frogger, Super Mario, Donkey Kong, Pacman - they even had that Simpsons Game that was up to 4 players). 

They had pretty great beer too. 

I'd love to find a good emulator of this game.

https://wowroms.com/en/roms/mame-0.139u1/star-wars-set-1/7691.html

scrapdo -

MK2 is my favorite of all time, but Mappy was also great.

# 1 may be the Star Wars game where you sat in the cabin and the grahics were just green lines.

Was the tits for it's time.

https://youtu.be/PzGWEYCRA0w

I don't think I've ever heard anyone ever mention Mappy before in my entire life.

I used to play it on the nes

There was one called “The End”. You defended stacks of blocks, and alien insects tried to steal the blocks. If they made it back to the top of the screen, they’d arrange the blocks to spell “THE END” and the game was over.

I had a technique that allowed me to typically play 20-30 minutes, sometimes longer if I were in a groove. I think I saw 4 of those machines in different places during the 80’s, and I raised the high score about 100x over whatever it was when I got there.

Time Pilot

Pac Man (I could get 20+ keys most times)

Galaga

Joust

I was better than most at Defender, Asteroids, Missile Command, and Space Invaders.

Pinball, may favorite was (is) Gor Gar. There was a billiards themed pinball game that I could rape - I probably had 20+ free games left on it when I walked away, the last time I played it.

Forgot Paperboy

1 Like

Early years: Asteroids, Defender, Galaga

After that: Sky Shark, Moon Cresta, Yie Ar Kung Fu

Late days: Street Fighter 2

1 Like

![](upload://pjbuJTzdXmGdqoMIUzsuNvVqP9D.jpeg)

2 Likes

Donkey Kong. 

Robotron 2084 a close second. That game is nuts. 

Archive.org has an internet arcade. Check it out. WWF is on there

1 Like

The first arcade game i played a lot at my corner store was Congorilla which was really the same game as donkey kong but had an extra level with a conveyor belt. I really liked Mario Brothers and Bagman as well. As i got older my favorite became Double Dragon.

Karate Champ

1 Like

I was obsessed with MK II back in the day. I could go to the arcade with 50 cents and clear out everyone. My mother worked at the mall and I would sometimes go to work with her and just play at the arcade all day. Also got heavy into Marvel vs. Street Fighter and Marvel vs. Capcom later on. I was never anywhere near as good as the regular weekend crew at those, but I would destroy anyone else who showed up. We would gather every Friday and Saturday night at the arcade and play until closing. I usually saved a quarter or 2 for Samurai Showdown IV and Metal Slug.

Nowadays I’ve started to get more into the SNK fighters. It was always a dream back in the day to own a Neo Geo AES. I still don’t have one, but I do have a Neo Geo Arcade Stick Pro which I have loaded with the complete Neo Geo library and modded with sanwa buttons. Been playing a lot of KOF 94 and trying to get to the end of Art of Fighting 2.

Space Firebird