All you pro PEDders,Your son is 21....

You are his trainer,his mentor.You have trained him up to be a weapon....He has 3 fights in the UFC and is kicking arse.

Question.....do you have him on PEDS? Phone Post 3.0

No. If the only way to compete is cheat, i'd rarther him not compete at all.

And if it were legal?if it were only the health issues.i assume if it were legal the abuse and doses would be off the chart. Phone Post 3.0

IROCK - And if it were legal?if it were only the health issues.i assume if it were legal the abuse and doses would be off the chart. Phone Post 3.0

I know a guy that can not even piss by himself due to roid abuse, not good stuff at all.

I'm with you.But half this forum is OK with fighters abusing PEDS .

Interested to see how many would load their child up to get an edge.

Cmon tommy it's shot time,it'll make you big and strong like (insert name) Phone Post 3.0

Why would I want him on PEDs? I'd rather lessen his chances of winning and thus increase his chances of getting the shit beat out of him, while increasing the time it takes him to heal from injuries and thus ensure he has more long-term problems from them.

Why would I want my son fighting in the first place?

I don't think many of us are simply pro peds. it is more that we feel it's a losing fight and the majority are probably on something.

I'm more worried about my fictional actress daughter sucking cock to get roles. luckily my other fictional son Arthur is a lawyer so he can look after me in old age.

madfortea - I don't think many of us are simply pro peds. it is more that we feel it's a losing fight and the majority are probably on something.

I'm more worried about my fictional actress daughter sucking cock to get roles. luckily my other fictional son Arthur is a lawyer so he can look after me in old age.

Oh wow, is your fictional son the same Arthur defending fictional vitor after he was charged with manslaughter for wheel kicking another fighters head off? Phone Post 3.0

orcus - Why would I want him on PEDs? I'd rather lessen his chances of winning and thus increase his chances of getting the shit beat out of him, while increasing the time it takes him to heal from injuries and thus ensure he has more long-term problems from them.

You gotta remember, they think using PEDs means bodybuilder stack dosages, not just responsible usage like most athletes use, and your son is gonna be balding with gyno and having a heart attack at 25. In other words they have no idea what they are talking about.

Athletes using PEDs properly dont have these made up health issues, and if someone mentions Lyle Alzado one more time I am gonan snap lol. Guy didnt die from steroids, he admitted it.

Caught_clean -
orcus - Why would I want him on PEDs? I'd rather lessen his chances of winning and thus increase his chances of getting the shit beat out of him, while increasing the time it takes him to heal from injuries and thus ensure he has more long-term problems from them.

You gotta remember, they think using PEDs means bodybuilder stack dosages, not just responsible usage like most athletes use, and your son is gonna be balding with gyno and having a heart attack at 25. In other words they have no idea what they are talking about.

Athletes using PEDs properly dont have these made up health issues, and if someone mentions Lyle Alzado one more time I am gonan snap lol. Guy didnt die from steroids, he admitted it.
I'm with you. I mean. Take a guy like Hendo. He's the guy who's damn near fifty and still killing it. Why would I want my son to be like that? Hell, I want ME to be like that! Phone Post 3.0

Depends. Would I want him buying shit out of a van and injecting himself? No.

But if I found a doctor who was aware of the how to do it safely and supervised what my son is taking, then yes.

The reality is that he would need to be taking at least some PEDs to compete properly in this sport.

But I wouldn't want my son trying to earn a living as a fighter anyway.

Oontyex - 
madfortea - I don't think many of us are simply pro peds. it is more that we feel it's a losing fight and the majority are probably on something.

Oh wow, is your fictional son the same Arthur defending fictional vitor after he was charged with manslaughter for wheel kicking another fighters head off? Phone Post 3.0

yup that's my fictional Arthur.

madfortea -
Oontyex - 

yup that's my fictional Arthur.
You and the fictional mrs must be so proud. Poor fictional never-used-peds weidman, he didn't know fictional vitor was allowed to be bring a weapon to the cage and now he's missing his head. Now weidmans fictional-fictional grandchildren won't be born, so will never graduate from med school before they cure cancer. So sad! Why didn't some internet knight have the foresight to stop this before the fictional costs got so out of control?! Phone Post 3.0

Hell no. Not the values i teach my son Phone Post 3.0

I won't have my kids fight. its a shitty life. if this is what you want for your kids you are either not experienced in competing in mma, or you are a sad person and a bad parent. just my $.02 hope no one takes it personal but its my 100% honest belief. don't get me wrong, my kids can fight, I taught them~just not unless they HAVE to because someone is going to get hurt by someone who is WRONG and it is unavoidable.

No athletes should have to risk their health with PEDs to comepete in a sport.

Funny.. What is lost in this is regulated usage...

Good question, don't expect too many answers thought, that's the kind of dilemma makes people uncomfortable, not many people have the level of honesty required to face this question, they'd rather ignore it and carry on with their misguided views. I'm pretty sure some will never allow their kids to take PEDs but will be more than happy to allow them for their own entertainment.

I'm not pro-PEDs, more effort is needed in testing athletes. It's an arms race, I completely understand that but we can be close behind. Keeping blood for past test and re-test when new technology is available is also a good idea.

I don't put him on them, but he's 21 an adult and thinks he knows everything so if he gets on the gear that's his own doing.

Just hope he was raised well enough to weigh the concequences and do the right thing, whatever that is.

LonelyMan - Funny.. What is lost in this is regulated usage...

Yes, I'm not totally against that either. Provided it is done correctly.

Zuffa should have programs in place to prevent injuries. Such a program could go hand in hand with expert medical advice on better recovery and fitness (not at the expense of longevity and serious illness in the future)

There's a place for these drugs/technology in medicine, but it needs to be tightly controlled.

And even such programs/regulation would still require very high standards of random testing.

What we've seen with TRT is that they threw the baby with the bath water as they couldn't manage it properly.