Allow prospective employer to contact current?

When filling out an app, or however you are searching for employment; is it a deal breaker if you tell the prospective employer not to contact your current job, or do they understand that it might fuck you over should you not get the new gig? Thanks

I think if there is a conflict you politely let them know. They are only supposed to confirm your employment I believe. Phone Post 3.0

I'm in the same exact predicament, in for advice. Phone Post 3.0

Any employer worth a shit understands the need for discretion when an applicant is currently employed. Phone Post 3.0

Most reputable places will only do it when everything else checks out, and they intend to give you an offer.

I typically say yes because it makes me look more transparent to the new possible employer. They also don't tend to call the employer if you say yes. No sounds suspicious but if I looked for a new job with the job I have now I'd say no because my current company acts like bratty children and would actually make my life hell if they found out I was exploring other options. Phone Post 3.0

Randomly Kish slapped by MountainMedic - I typically say yes because it makes me look more transparent to the new possible employer. They also don't tend to call the employer if you say yes. No sounds suspicious but if I looked for a new job with the job I have now I'd say no because my current company acts like bratty children and would actually make my life hell if they found out I was exploring other options. Phone Post 3.0

Exactly why I'm going to put, "no", until i am free from these scum-suckers' clutches.