Almost 1 year later, are you better or worse off?

It's been almost a year since Trump became President. Are you better off, worse off, or about the same as you were a year ago? If you are worse off, how so?

For me, I am better off. My stocks are much better and since I am invested in oil stocks, I can attribute this specifically to Trump, particularly him getting DAPL pushed forward. I'll also benefit from the new tax plan according to CNN.com. I can't think of a single way my life is worse now than it was a year ago. How about you?

Much better!!!

Better, my 401k is going ballistic. 

Ask me again in another year when I do my taxes with the new tax laws in place. 

way better

Better 

I'm much better off personally, but some of my family have lost their minds.

It’s not too much different,  my 401k and other investments are doing better, but we’re doing well during the Obama admin.  I’m getting a promotion, but that should have happened no matter what.  We’ll see how the tax bill helped or hurt, but that will take time.  My health care still sucks though.

For a Brit, can you explain what a 401k is??

I presume it’s a pension plan??

TGP -

For a Brit, can you explain what a 401k is??

Retirement account 

Better for sure. The daily gnashing of teeth from all the liberals in Seattle is just icing on the cake. 

I got a promotion during the Obama admin and a good raise under the Trump Admin.  
My stocks are continuing to go up just not doubling like they did under Obama.

Had a daughter under the Obama admin so my disposable income dropped significantly although Trump's tax plan gives me a bigger child credit although i live in NJ so i'm fucked.

Bottom line.. i'm doing pretty much the same under both and am a grown ass adult that understands the basics of economics and realizes presidents themselves have miniscule influence on the overall economy.

Much better! Company gave bonuses and raises are due this Feb. First time in 7 years they will be abke to do it. Stocks are going up more than ever. Taxes are way down. Ask me again next year. 

SlapUsilly - 
I got a promotion during the Obama admin and a good raise under the Trump Admin.  
My stocks are continuing to go up just not doubling like they did under Obama.

Had a daughter under the Obama admin so my disposable income dropped significantly although Trump's tax plan gives me a bigger child credit although i live in NJ so i'm fucked.

Bottom line.. i'm doing pretty much the same under both and am a grown ass adult that understands the basics of economics and realizes presidents themselves have miniscule influence on the overall economy.

Some more grown ass adults weigh in:

According to "models from forecasting firm Macroeconomic Advisers," if Hillary Clinton were to win, "stocks would bounce up about 2%."

The Brookings Institute projected a 10% to 15% plunge in stocks if Trump won. Eric Zitzewitz, an economics professor at Dartmouth, predicted a 10% drop across global markets following a Trump win.

"Given the magnitude of the price movements, we estimate that market participants believe that a Trump victory would reduce the value of the S&P 500, the UK, and Asian stock markets by 10-15%, would reduce the oil price by $4, would lead to a 25% decline in the Mexican Peso, and would significantly increase expected future stock market volatility," Brookings wrote in October.

Simon Johnson, a former chief economist of the IMF and now a professor at MIT Sloan, also predicted Armageddon.

"While the precise consequences of bad policies are always hard to predict, if investors are wrong and Trump wins, we should expect a big markdown in expected future earnings for a wide range of stocks -- and a likely crash in the broader market," Johnson wrote in October 2016.

Billionaire basketball team owner Mark Cuban said, "I can say with 100% certainty that there is a really good chance we could see a huge, huge correction." He predicted a 20% drop and a bear market.

lol

https://www.dailywire.com/news/25435/flashback-banks-experts-predicted-markets-would-joseph-curl

Same to somewhat better. Work gave me the raise I asked for, I moved into a nice house in the swanky part of town.

I don't think I can attribute any of that to who is president, can I?  All that would have happened anyway. Because only  I control my destiny (mostly). 

for me nothing has changed, despite ppl claiming better or worse im sure its mostly the same the only real factors that contribute to the better or worse metric is an indivuals actions not what the gov is doing

I live in California and I’m worse off. 

Our state taxes are killing us and no one wants to provide personal health insurance. We had two choices, 1500 a month for four people, or 1678 for four people.

Since we make too much money we don’t get Obama care. 

Bitcoin at 17,000 damn right my president's white!

Far better .

Slightly better. GI Bill is paying more than it did before, but all my favorite tv shows are going full REEEEEEEEE now so that kinda sucks lol.