Almost made a grown man cry in front of me

My 3 cousins and I were waiting for a train this morning, at around 5:30 am in Westchester. We were on the way to our grandmother's funeral in White Plains. Our family is Portugese, and pretty tight knit. Needless to say our grandmother was a very important part of each of our lives. 

We were all pretty upset, and my cousin Steve suggested we spark a joint he had brought with him. We looked around the nearly empty train station, and decided it wouldn't bother anyone this early in the morning. As we're passing the joint around, reminiscing about stories of our dead grandma, a guy in a baby blue Polo shirt and khakis approaches us sheepishly. He starts coughing lightly, and waving his hand in front of his face. Then he goes full SJW mode, and tells us we're bothering the other people in the station with our smoke. He says his sister in law suffers from Asthma, and to consider that other people in the station may have the same condition.

My cousins and I are taken aback by the guy, and look around the rest of the area in the station. There's a homeless guy laying in a corner, an elderly man reading a newspaper, and a teenage kid who probably just finished the night shift at McDonald's. 

My 3 cousins are quiet, and seemingly dumbfounded. I decide to speak up, and explain that we're outside; and just finished the joint. He responds with a rant about respecting other people's personal space. After he finishes his tyrade, his tone switches. He looks the 4 of us up and down, and decides he's outnumbered. Now he starts playing the sympathy card ... and tells me that he lost his side job as an Internet forum moderator, and really can't lose his current job because his bosses think he smells like pot. 

I start to explain that we lost our grandmother, and are on the way to her funeral. The guy is red in the face, and clearly distraught by this point. He throws his hands up in the air, and screams "AND". I can see the tears forming in this guy's eyes at this point, and apparently so can my cousin. Steve puts his hand on my shoulder, and says "Cmon Man, let's just go", and we leave the area. 

Sure enough, when we get to Grand Central and are waiting for our train to White Plains... who do we run into? You guessed it; Polo/Khaki Pussy. 

We can see his eyes are red and swollen, and it's obvious the poor guy has been crying. We decide to pretend like we didn't see him, and spare him any further embarrassment, and just walk the other way.

Poor guy.

eh

These spins are terrible. The make a wish one was good; it got me at first, but this one is the worst I’ve read. 

good god, how many spins can there be from 1 thread?

wheres the original thread

Not as good as the first spin. Sorry.

I couldn’t help but to laugh at the losing his side gig as an internet moderator.

groundfighter2000 - wheres the original thread

its up

Saltine American -

These spins are terrible. The make a wish one was good; it got me at first, but this one is the worst I’ve read. 

This. 

Cmon OP, that was a shit attempt. LOL. 

Nitecrawler -
Saltine American -

This. 

Agreed. The SGT got jokes one was a little better tho. 

FETT_Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Nitecrawler -
Saltine American -

This. 

Agreed. The SGT got jokes one was a little better tho. 

Yeah, I actually had to Vote him up for that one. LOL. 

RIP vovó