Aloha Stadium Protest Commercial = Douchey as Fuck

Faxapreta - Im sure we could have gotten 100 micros to do the same job as the haloe's Give then a little crack and the would have had it done in a week. With come day and night shifts.

Hawaii economy sucks although, way higher cost of living and way lower pay for the area.

Their is another Union protest next to TJ bar and grill. Looks like building is being constructed by non-union workers. So the Union pays 3-5 guys to stand outside to protest it. I think that is an excelent use of Union dollars....

they been there for almost a year havent they?

Since I am in 2 different unions for two different jobs I got to say, they have their plus side for sure. The down side is that, as mentioned, sometimes 1 guy calls all the shots and it does not listen to the membership. Thats the bad side.

As for contracts, all I say is that, so long as the job is done to code with a warrantly for all future repairs on problem areas resulting from the work, well then the cheaper the better. Again we are looking at one person (the adjuster/price person) telling a RFP person how much it will costs to do the job. Its not the carpenters/sheetmetal union workers making the final price its the adjuster/estimater guy. So thats b.s. too. The Hawaii estimate could have easily been the cheaper deal that paying for those workers to ship their cars and get a places to live for six months for ALL the mainland workers?! Come on! Sounds like they majorly inflated the rate to a ridiculous amount. How is that even possible?

not to mention that they also need to pay these guys prevailing wages since its a State job.

i want carpenters from japan to build my house w/ their metric tools.

they do way better work there.

there is no comparison. :(

Brah WTF... Dis fricken Jap complaining about my work. My thumb is one inch. So when I measure it's right. Dat friken peice of wood is a piece of crap, not my work it's not my fault. I can't make miracles happen with crap... Fukka and dat $50/hr I gotta pay do union das why.

union wage is a ow you fair wage! how are you going argue with that.
non union wage is much lower and how the hell u supposed to make a living off sub-standard wage.
I worked my whole life non-union and got paid peanuts for a specialized job(submarine/tug operator). living check to check. thats how non union employers keep making money for themselves while the workers struggle jus to make a living!!!
now i have a union job and the wage and benifets negotiated through collective bargining takes care of my family. ,
company makes alot of money and we just want our fair share,

alot of people dog unions, but kodamn honest truth is , most people would take the Union eqivilent of their Job if offered a chance. Hypocrits IMO

You are an Idiot. Stick to working as a security job because you know nothing about the Construction Industry or its inner workings. KKM reincarnated.

First thing first you fucken moron, the stadium job is BEHIND SCHEDULE. Second it isn't cheaper to bring in mainland labor for a state job because if the contractor is non-union they need to pay prevailing wage. Prevailing wage for State jobs is in the area from $25-$40 depending on the work. Prevailing wage on Federal jobs is anywhere between $45-$60 for non-union labor. Get your facts straight before you come here and spew shit. Oh yeah did I mention that the Staduim job is BEHIND SCHEDULE? I have worked on the mainland with both Union and Non-Union workers and let me tell you something, its the same everywhere you go. You have your hard workers and you have your lazy workers. And no, most of the Union workers work their ass off, its the bad apples that spoil it for the rest of the bunch. Keep spewing your shit dude, its obvious you don't know wtf you talking about.

you leave me outta this goddamnit. i just want japanese carpentry done on my place w/ metric tools done on japanese cedar.

but i will be happy if my local construction cousin hooks me up.

such is life.

Pearl City?

Ok moron why don't you go look up Hawaii's prevailing wage law. Why don't you go ask the state how far behind they are on the Stadium project. Its obvious you like to troll and when presented with facts.

eh thunderlips, keyboard tough guy, you talk shit about hawaii, every chance you get.
it can b about jj , mma , culture, work. I tell you what . you always speak of people whinning , but its you , who is the BITCH ,
im am not a construction worker, but on behalf of trade/union brothers, i would love to meet you somwhere and beat the haole out of you. really, jus tell me where, or you can come down to kteam anytime midget wrestling reject!!!

Lets see......You saying the mainland boys work harder, yet they behind schedule. Kentucky boy works for said company who is behind schedule. Yet to you its the State and Locals fault. Good deductive reasoning dumb fuck. You bitch more then some chicks that I know. The difference is, they can suck a good dick, but I'm sure you're pretty good at that also.

well it seems you always have something negative to say about everything hawaiian.
You dont have to own a gi to get dumped!!, street clothes is ok

Dude its a state project. They have the finish date posted on a large board near the site. If you wanna know that bad why not take a ride down there and go look for yourself. LoL at having to "prove" anything to a troll like you.

I think there are positives & negatives in regards to unions. I do think that in some cases that there are such a labor wage discrepancy that it is more feasable to have non-union labor do the work. I also feel that generally union workers are trained better which is a huge plus. It seems that the union bosses are not getting the view points from their workers before making decision. Furlows is a great example of this. Furlows have to be better than lay offs.

agreed^

i was reading somewhere that lingle took a 30% increase in pay in early 09 and her purposed 15% pay cuts for everyone still have her making more money. not so cool. good idea but bad play by her. but on another note why would they not take a pay cut over no job? i dont agree with how its going down but getting a pay check is better then none at all.

I truly do not know how some contractors can bring in mainland contractors & be cheaper than local companies, but it id happening more and more. Even if their rates are lower, the cost of room & board has to increase the costs unless they work it out where the contractors pay their own room & board and they just bid their rates & get a free trip to Hawaii.

You watch your language Mine O.!!!!

fishscale - agreed^

i was reading somewhere that lingle took a 30% increase in pay in early 09 and her purposed 15% pay cuts for everyone still have her making more money. not so cool. good idea but bad play by her. but on another note why would they not take a pay cut over no job? i dont agree with how its going down but getting a pay check is better then none at all.

Well, the Union would agree to pay cuts if she would agree not to layoffs. Trouble is that she wouldn't even when the Union agreed to 3 days. So why agree to paycuts if she going layoff anyway?

Since I going be furloughed anyway I already looking for my 4th job. But binding arbitration going to lock down the furlough and guarante how many days and how many people get laid off.