alone in the wilderness

one of the most amazing docs ive ever seen. watching now for the 2nd time. would have loved to have spent a year out there with him

There is a sequel DVD and a book as well, both are well worth your time. His cabin is still maintained and you can go there but the trip requires hiring a bush pilot or some shit. I love the shots of him building his cabin...makes me feel so fucking lazy and dumb lol. Phone Post 3.0

. Phone Post 3.0

Dick Proenneke was, whatever the level above alpha is. Yup! Phone Post 3.0

Positive Energy - There is a sequel DVD and a book as well, both are well worth your time. His cabin is still maintained and you can go there but the trip requires hiring a bush pilot or some shit. I love the shots of him building his cabin...makes me feel so fucking lazy and dumb lol. Phone Post 3.0
Considering he starved to death you seem pretty smart. Phone Post 3.0

nickgjj -
Positive Energy - There is a sequel DVD and a book as well, both are well worth your time. His cabin is still maintained and you can go there but the trip requires hiring a bush pilot or some shit. I love the shots of him building his cabin...makes me feel so fucking lazy and dumb lol. Phone Post 3.0
No he didn't. He died of a stroke. We have had this movie for almost 15 years. My 6 and 7 year old love watching it. Phone Post 3.0

nickgjj -
Phone Post 3.0

basfan99 -
nickgjj -
No he didn't. He died of a stroke. We have had this movie for almost 15 years. My 6 and 7 year old love watching it. Phone Post 3.0
I think you are referring to Christopher McCandless who starved.His movie was called "Into the Wild" Phone Post 3.0

wolfdeth - 
basfan99 -
nickgjj -
I think you are referring to Christopher McCandless who starved.His movie was called "Into the Wild" Phone Post 3.0

lol!

nickgjj - 

This story isn't about some dude who can't make it in the woods and starves to death. It's about a dude who moved up to Alaska when he was in his 50's and lived there alone for 30 years, then died of a stroke in his 80's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Proenneke
http://www.dickproenneke.com/

They are making a third with some footage they found after dick died. Phone Post 3.0

love those hand carved wooden hinges

That guy had skills that very few people still possess. Phone Post 3.0

guy had mad skills no way did he starve. he actually left Alaska when he was in his 80s. I wanna see the sequel

I watch it every time it comes on TV.  That dude made a damn fine cabin.  The spot he picked was unreal too.  I could see myself living like that.

I could not build a cabin like his though, the craftmanship is insane

nine9 - They are making a third with some footage they found after dick died. Phone Post 3.0
Sweet ! Phone Post 3.0

nickgjj - 

Later. Sounds awesome. Phone Post 3.0

wolfdeth - 
basfan99 -
nickgjj -

Even Christopher McCandless didn't exactly starve to death (at least not in the way most people would assume). He did incredibly well for himself considering his lack of survival experience. As far as could be determined, he ate a possibly edible plant but at the wrong season, the toxicity of which greatly contributed to his death.

There is some debate about that and I don't want to get this thread any more off track.

Christopher McCandless did not do "incredibly well for himself "