Alternate Uniform Approved for HS Wrestling

http://www.flowrestling.org/article/55548-alternate-two-piece-uniform-approved-for-high-school-wrestling#.WQjigPkrKUl

An alternate two-piece uniform consisting of compression shorts or shorts designed for wrestling and a form-fitted compression shirt has been approved for the 2017-18 season in high school wrestling. Wrestlers will have the option of the new two-piece uniform or the traditional one-piece singlet.

This revision to Rule 4-1-1 was one of 11 rules changes recommended by the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) Wrestling Rules Committee at its April 2-4 meeting in Indianapolis, and all changes were subsequently approved by the NFHS Board of Directors.

The compression shorts or shorts designed for wrestling shall be school-issued and shall have a minimum 4-inch inseam that does not extend below the knee. The form-fitted compression shirt shall not cover or extend below the elbow and shall have a minimum 3-inch tail. The shirt may be worn under a singlet or with compression shorts or shorts designed for wrestling. 

Sounds fine with me

very cool

All hs uniforms will now be supplied by reebok.

I thought this was going to be a picture of a burka or something.

Cool to see an option.

Any idea what "shorts designed for wrestling" encompasses?

sapphire street -

Any idea what "shorts designed for wrestling" encompasses?

Easy access for maximum oil checking.

Marlo Sansfield - Major upgrade from the singlet which discourages kids and teens with body issues from competing.
10000% think about how many big guys that could be great don't just because of this.

How does this help with body image issues? It's still skin tight.

The required uniform

Good. 

Sounds like the compression shirts will restrict movement.  Why not let them wrestle shirtless and wear short shorts with an optional jock to contain what we can't control.  :)

Malvert the Janitor -

The required uniform

you wear tights

Aren't these already legal? Thought they were called a doublet, I saw them on wwsport when I was wrestling 

found this too 

Marlo Sansfield -
Soul Gravy - How does this help with body image issues? It's still skin tight.

It covers up the entire upper body and the "shorts designed for wrestling" I think are board shorts for kids who don't want their dick and balls exposed.

I burst out laughing at this 

it's about time a singlet is pretty fuckin gay.