Alternative to SWAIN mats?

I'm looking to replace/add on 3 or more mats to my flooring system in my home training gym.

I have the GOLD MEDAL Swain mats, but those get pretty expensive.

Are there any similar mats (same size/dimensions and thickness) for less money? Since this is for my home gym, I don't need "top of the line"....

they are not much cheaper. and they will be different. in texture, fit, durability and quality.

Anyone else?

www.hatashita.com

I have 6 Gold Medal Swains and 14 Hatashitas, and when they are laid on the floor I can't tell the difference.  Identical dimensions and feel, and much cheaper (shipping included in pricing as well).

There isn't any different in the Swains and Zebra's. I have a 20x25 mat space at home that is entirely Zebra. They are fantastic, well made, and have a great warranty. I think that the swains and Zebra's are made in the same factory.

My floor has a mix of Swain and Zebra and I cannot tell the difference between the two. I've heard the same thing as ov1 - that they are produced in Europe in the same facility.

Dollumar(sp) mats see their ad in Grappling magazine

I have Zebra mats and if you call them they will work a deal with you, depending on how many you plan to buy. I bought 15 of the combo mats and they cut me a deal. Just call them direct and see what kind of specials they have going.

if it's a fixed location (the mat area that is), go w/ Tiffin and order the custom one piece mat to cover your area... it is the best option if this mat is staying put (e.g. your basement workout area).

"I have 6 Gold Medal Swains and 14 Hatashitas, and when they are laid on the floor I can't tell the difference. Identical dimensions and feel, and much cheaper (shipping included in pricing as well)."

What's the rough price of the Hatashitas? How much cheaper?

The price drops the more you buy.

Call them at 1-800-757-7686 for a quote.

Not sure if mancino is cheaper but their mats are nice too.  I get the blue kind of thin ones.

How are the Jiu Jitsu Pro Gear Puzzle mats? I was recently thinking of purchasing them:
http://jiujitsuprogear.com//product_info.php?cPath=40&products_id=491&osCsid=a33045b5c11be7ad2f2185f6bb1da2da

Also looking into the Swain Home mats, but it's an 8x8 area.