Altitude was the winner in this fight

daba - the ring rust didn't help but the altitude had an effect. was apparent in the gil/alvarez fight too.

Took its toll on Marquardt as well.

Altitude my ass it was the fact that Werdum didn't have to worry about Cain's wrestling and hi improved striking in the two years Cain's been gone Phone Post 3.0

Or it could have been random drug testing that's been put in place since Cain fought last....... I mean, both fighters knew how to read a map I'm sure.... Phone Post 3.0

"True but did you see the output of Cain in the first?"

According to fightmetric, Cain threw 65 and Werdum 54 in the first round. Hardly a game-changer.

Sea level Cain would have smashed Werdum right? Phone Post 3.0

JewLuPlus - It's EPO and that's all there is to it. How was werdum ok at 37 but cardio freak Cain gassed in 3 minutes. Phone Post 3.0
I agree it was like night and day. Yes I know the altitude played a role but this guy was a cardio machine before. Phone Post 3.0

OP has a loose asshole at the moment

I would go with EPO if cains next fight also shows him gassing

Honestly, I would be mostly guess altitude played a big part. What I'm surprised is why the fuck didn they come here at least 30 days? He's the fuxking champ....

Either someone told him not to worry or something caused this. I can't imagine a camp like aka not taking this into account.

EPO claim might have some merit, everyone always did find it odd that someone with such great cardio had so much fat on them still. Phone Post 3.0

Cain must have forgotten to:

Eat
Plenty
Oranges

Rambo John J - 

Go on....

BaneMeAgain - OP is butthurt douchebag
Cain would have won if he was better. He wasn't. There are hundreds, maybe thousands, of details that go into being a complete elite fighter. If you don't have all of them covered and your opponent does, he is better.

OP is most likely the faggy type of person that is living off of his parents and continually fucking up.....but it's "never his fault." Always making excuses. Always some other factor's fault. Like the altitude.... 'fuck outta here.

How close am I, OP? Ask yourself deep down.
Underground coal miner for the last decade. Come work with me for a week and you will beg your parents to support you. Phone Post 3.0

orcus - "True but did you see the output of Cain in the first?"

According to fightmetric, Cain threw 65 and Werdum 54 in the first round. Hardly a game-changer.
That's interesting. Phone Post 3.0

Rambo John J -

I have nothing emotionally invested in this. Just trying to talk about figuring and circumstances. I'm happy for werdum. He's obviously devoted himself to become the champ. Phone Post 3.0

BaneMeAgain - OP is butthurt douchebag
Cain would have won if he was better. He wasn't. There are hundreds, maybe thousands, of details that go into being a complete elite fighter. If you don't have all of them covered and your opponent does, he is better.

OP is most likely the faggy type of person that is living off of his parents and continually fucking up.....but it's "never his fault." Always making excuses. Always some other factor's fault. Like the altitude.... 'fuck outta here.

at least you live cheap with your parents

BaneMeAgain -
Effstrikingmeansdamage - 

Underground coal miner for the last decade. Come work with me for a week and you will beg your parents to support you. Phone Post 3.0

Why would I want to do that? I was born with a brain useful enough to be used in a career.
Waving a sign in front of little Caesars is not a career.
By the way, I have 100% insurance for my family with no premium, they match 7% of my 401k, and I make 120,000 a year. Use your brain and tell me if that's a career. If you were man you'd provide the same for your family. I'll get you a job. Want it? Phone Post 3.0

was werdum fighting at lower altitude than cain? must have been crouching to steal that extra oxygen. Phone Post 3.0

BaneMeAgain -
Effstrikingmeansdamage - 
BaneMeAgain -
Effstrikingmeansdamage - 

Why would I want to do that? I was born with a brain useful enough to be used in a career.
By the way, I have 100% insurance for my family with no premium, they match 7% of my 401k, and I make 120,000 a year. Use your brain and tell me if that's a career. If you were man you'd provide the same for your family. I'll get you a job. Want it? Phone Post 3.0

Damn, you make 17k more than I did last year. That's like a whole dollar for every minute left of your life! Too bad you'll give most of it to a hospital.
I love my job. It takes actual problem solving , hands on skills rather than sitting in a cubicle with my head glued to a telephone. Separates the men from the boys. You know how much debt I have to student loans? And I'd wipe my ass with your paycheck. 14% of 90,000 and increasing every year for 10 1/2 years in a 401k account. You do the math. I wish you all the success in the world. It just hit a nerve when you insinuated what you did. I think werdum was awesome in that fight. I just wonder if Cain underestimated the altitude. Phone Post 3.0

Effstrikingmeansdamage -
BaneMeAgain -
Effstrikingmeansdamage - 

Shit I'll take that job Phone Post 3.0

If I was the heavyweight champion fighting at altitude, you'd be damn sure I'd be training there for at least a month. How you can rock up only 2 weeks before is beyond me. Phone Post 3.0

TheDecider - no EPO = regular cardio

I can't help but think the same.