am i the only one that thinks that......

Max vs. Khabib is a more exciting fight than Tony vs. Khabib? I personally didn't think Tony had a chance in the fight and think that Max is a tougher match up, despite the size difference, for Khabib.

Either way, 145/155 continues to be a clusterfuck of a mess.

I think probably you are. Literally. 

We might be the minority here but I’m with you OP.

A smaller fighter coming up to fight a guy much bigger than him?

Khabib will be much heavier than him. Max won't be able to get him off him. 

It won't be an even match up. 

How is it better? It makes no sense. Match up is retarded. 

It makes sense because Conor and Nate don't fight anymore, Eddie already lost to the real lightweight champion, Barbosa just lost to Khabib, and Gaethje and Poirier are fighting in two weeks. Who exactly would you of put in there as a replacement on such short notice, the 15th ranked lightweight? Max was moving up to 155 after the Ortega fight anyways so this just speeds up the process.

The Destroyer88 -

It makes sense because Conor and Nate don't fight anymore, Eddie already lost to the real lightweight champion, Barbosa just lost to Khabib, and Gaethje and Poirier are fighting in two weeks. Who exactly would you of put in there as a replacement on such short notice, the 15th ranked lightweight? Max was moving up to 155 after the Ortega fight anyways so this just speeds up the process.

Conor is fighting at 225

max is a 155er, he just cuts insane weight to be the biggest fw there is. hes also a better fighter then tony. i agree.

TakinAllFades -

max is a 155er, he just cuts insane weight to be the biggest fw there is. hes also a better fighter then tony. i agree.

Lol oh OK 

BrowBeaten -
The Destroyer88 -

Conor is fighting at 225

No.

Why is Max a more interesting fight to you guys? Smaller than Tony, nowhere near the wrestler Tony is, almost zero camp to gain weight/prepare, why do you find this fight more interesting?

I’m more excited only because I think it’s a more winnable fight for Khabib and there’s nothing in this world I want to see more than Khabib vs. Conor 

The Destroyer88 -
BrowBeaten -
The Destroyer88 -

Conor is fighting at 225

No.

He's fighting Floyd 

The Destroyer88 -

Gaethje or Poirier would have accepted the fight in a second. But that would affect two main events. UFC is starting to annoy the shit out of me. Holloway is clearly injured and not ready for a 5 round title fight at lightweight against a scary dude in khabib. I guarantee Dana promised max Hawaii or some other bullshit that won’t actually happen

i would have been more excited about Ortega vs. Khabib

Normally, he would be much faster and elusive, landing great strikes … until/unless Khabib got his hands on the smaller guy - it’s game over then. Max would still have a good chance with strikes, maybe better than Tony, yeah. But that’s a prepared, healthy Max.

This is Max on 6 days notice with a fkd up foot.

The foot issue also means he hasn’t been training in some time - haven’t seen that brought up yet.

Right Hand JO Power - 

i would have been more excited about Ortega vs. Khabib

Me too. I think he would have a much better chance at subbing or KO/TKO’ing Khabib than Tony would have.

Ortega is big for FW.

If he had a full camp and not pulled out of a fight with an injury just last month i may agree with you. On short notice not so much.

You think that Max coming off an injury, with 0 training camp, who has to cut a huge amount of weight, is a bigger threat than Tony Ferguson with a full camp?