Am I too old for shows???

Joe DeRosa on mosh pits 

http://youtu.be/AeJu8bONMG4

(I'm mobile and can't embed)

I felt old around that age too. Almost too old for clubs, def too old for hall shows but not for outside festival shows. Don't ask how I came up with that..it's just how it feels Phone Post 3.0

westnilekyle -
BackAndLeft - I haven't been to a show in a couple years but I wonder the same thing. Metal/Hardcore shows. I'm 24. Phone Post 3.0

yeah i stay away from hardcore pits. I've seen too many videos of dudes and chicks getting round housed into unconsciousness lol
Haha yeah they're dangerous. I've had one buddy get knocked out cold and another get hit and made him bite a hole completely through his upper lip. Luckily the worst I've gotten was a bloody lip at an Emmure show lol Phone Post 3.0

if i could VU all the people going to shows as 'old' people i would!

Holy crap! Old? No sir.
I am 47 and go to metal shows. I also love punk/ska, country.. whatever. I have always been a fan of live shows no matter what genre. My preference is smaller local bands instead of the big mainstream ones, but I went to see KISS when they were hear and going to Sabbath in the new year.

You are NEVER too old for good music and a good time.

bravo13 - Holy crap! Old? No sir.
I am 47 and go to metal shows. I also love punk/ska, country.. whatever. I have always been a fan of live shows no matter what genre. My preference is smaller local bands instead of the big mainstream ones, but I went to see KISS when they were hear and going to Sabbath in the new year.

You are NEVER too old for good music and a good time.

VU show master. Can I call you show master? Im gonna call you show master!

33 and I go to 3-6 rap/country shows and probably 1 or 2 big concerts a year. Phone Post 3.0

25 and still getting slammed in the Lamb of God/Machine Head/Devildriver mosh pits!! :)

In for later. Have something profound to say on the subject, or I'm delirious. Phone Post 3.0

What's the difference between shows and concerts? Phone Post 3.0

41yrs - 7seconds/Adolescents show last week

yes I danced

A wise man once said "if it's too loud, you're too old!" Until then rock on. Phone Post 3.0

I'm 41 and still go to metal, punk, and hardcore shows. The smaller and dirtier the venue, the better. I always go with the mindset that moshing is stupid, that I'm retired from it, that I'll just hang out at the bar, and then I end up going home with bruises, muscle strains, and a huge smile on my face from moshing like an idiot and walking on people's heads.

westnilekyle - Probably not the greatest subject for my first thread. But a couple weeks ago I went to a punk/ska show and afterwards was thinking to my self how young the crowd was. I'll be 29 in march. So what say you OG? Am I too old to be getting and the pit and crowd surfing and stage diving?

And it was Anti-Flag and Less Than Jake for those who are curious.
I love anti-flag. Only im.not hard core enough for them live. Saw them at bamboozle back in 08 and was awesome. Saw them in 2011 and Justin was missing cause of an emergency. Performance was still good. Only thing was I wasn't near the pit, somehow got put in the pit and kicked in the face. Then stomped on. As I crawled away some douche bag 19 year old said "shouldn't have gone in" I was too weak to say anything but I'd see them again. I regret nothing Phone Post 3.0

westnilekyle - Probably not the greatest subject for my first thread. But a couple weeks ago I went to a punk/ska show and afterwards was thinking to my self how young the crowd was. I'll be 29 in march. So what say you OG? Am I too old to be getting and the pit and crowd surfing and stage diving?

I saw the Descendants a year ago and fucking slammed it in the pit with the Geny Y pussies. I'm 42.

They're soft compared to Gen X .....

Stay in the pit bra ...

westnilekyle - Probably not the greatest subject for my first thread. But a couple weeks ago I went to a punk/ska show and afterwards was thinking to my self how young the crowd was. I'll be 29 in march. So what say you OG? Am I too old to be getting and the pit and crowd surfing and stage diving?

To old to be in the crowd. Just go to the bar and hang Phone Post

judomf - 
westnilekyle - Probably not the greatest subject for my first thread. But a couple weeks ago I went to a punk/ska show and afterwards was thinking to my self how young the crowd was. I'll be 29 in march. So what say you OG? Am I too old to be getting and the pit and crowd surfing and stage diving?

I saw the Descendants a year ago and fucking slammed it in the pit with the Geny Y pussies. I'm 42.

They're soft compared to Gen X .....

Stay in the pit bra ...

You're now my role model. :)

morientesfan910 - 

I love anti-flag. Only im.not hard core enough for them live. Saw them at bamboozle back in 08 and was awesome. Saw them in 2011 and Justin was missing cause of an emergency. Performance was still good. Only thing was I wasn't near the pit, somehow got put in the pit and kicked in the face. Then stomped on. As I crawled away some douche bag 19 year old said "shouldn't have gone in" I was too weak to say anything but I'd see them again. I regret nothing Phone Post 3.0

That sucks bra. Sounds like you had some pricks in that pit. Any pit i've ever been in, people are picked up as soon as they fall.

iwrestledabearonce - What's the difference between shows and concerts? Phone Post 3.0

nothing that i know of.

A show a a couple bands at a vfw hall/back yard/basement. A concert is at a bigger venue/club. That's the way I've always looked at it. Phone Post 3.0