amanda nunes julia budd holy late stoppage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHMa7goBmXM

not as bad as some other fights but those were some loud assed punches.

budd falls stiff after that standing ko (should have been moving into position to stop fight but not necessarily stop it). and then eats another 8 solid shots without even lifting her arms to defend.

The hammerfists were solid

althought i am happy to see women get a chance at a great sport like mma..

it's really hard for me to watch them get ktfo.

snakepitz - The hammerfists were solid

yep. they were fast and showed great killer instinct. however, the ref shoulda been pulling nunes off after the first one (if he had been ready to stop if after the stiff knockdown). the good refs like big john, herb dean, yamasaki can anticipate when a knockdown will be likely to result in further unnecessary damage or a sub will result in limb break.

even tho it hurts to see a fellow BC'n lose i love this amanda girl cant wait to see her again

phydeau - Bad angels for the ref. He stopped it as quick as he could.

he was out of position and only reacted after seeing several hammerfists land. you don't see him in the picture until late. herb or bjm woulda been looming over. kinda like when fedor put rogers down (lucky for rogers his legs were blindly up in the air and blocked fedor's punches by chances)

i don't think he did it on purpose and won't accuse him of being a bad ref. just that this is an example of how you could be in a better position to stop a fight.

Korpiklaani - even tho it hurts to see a fellow BC'n lose i love this amanda girl cant wait to see her again

She is only 22...this IS her life.

It has been a joy having her at the academy...such a sweetheart but man she has that 'switch' in her

Killer instinct

is that you that she is grappling with in the pic?

very impressive cant wait to see her move toward the top great to have another quality female in the sport

buvaiser - is that you that she is grappling with in the pic?

Which pic from other thread?

No...I am black belt at team edson carvalho. I am 6 2 200lbs and i roll with Amanda hard...cuz if you dont or dont pay attention...you are in trouble.

I will not comment on her hands because that is not my area, but she is a solid brown on the ground.

great fight

Last night's Strikeforce show was better than most UFC's.

snakepitz - 

No...I am black belt at team edson carvalho. I am 6 2 200lbs and i roll with Amanda hard...cuz if you dont or dont pay attention...you are in trouble.

I will not comment on her hands because that is not my area, but she is a solid brown on the ground.

how's her game off the back (no sexual pun intended)? I wonder what julia budd could have done after getting tagged the 1st two times diff. retrospect is 100 percent clear, i guess. i wonder if going for the takedown was something that was being avoided by both sides.

It wasn't all that bad, she wasn't totally out when she went down as evidenced by her attempt to spin back into guard. She did eat several shots after being unsuccessful at turning back to guard but she tried to sit up and grab her opponent after the ref pulled her off, too, so she wasn't out stiff. If that same event had happened with two guys I doubt too many people would be screaming late stoppage.

HexRei - It wasn't all that bad, she wasn't totally out when she went down as evidenced by her attempt to spin back into guard. She did eat several shots after being unsuccessful at turning back to guard but she tried to sit up and grab her opponent after the ref pulled her off, too, so she wasn't out stiff. If that same event had happened with two guys I doubt too many people would be screaming late stoppage.

No attempt to block the punches with her free right hand. and her legs are stiffened straight at end of the clip. yes, it wasn't as bad as jon hess vitor belfort fight i guess. look again at when the ref is trying to step in, after like the 4th or 5th shot. he runs around both fights. and then stops the fight. If that had been dudes like brock or rampage dropping fists the downed opponent might be hurt even worse (if we're talking about dudes).

buvaiser - 
snakepitz - 

how's her game off the back (no sexual pun intended)? I wonder what julia budd could have done after getting tagged the 1st two times diff. retrospect is 100 percent clear, i guess. i wonder if going for the takedown was something that was being avoided by both sides.

great guard...prefers top game, a lot of pressure and nonstop

buvaiser - 
phydeau - Bad angels for the ref. He stopped it as quick as he could.

he was out of position and only reacted after seeing several hammerfists land. you don't see him in the picture until late. herb or bjm woulda been looming over. kinda like when fedor put rogers down (lucky for rogers his legs were blindly up in the air and blocked fedor's punches by chances)

i don't think he did it on purpose and won't accuse him of being a bad ref. just that this is an example of how you could be in a better position to stop a fight.

I agree, I think he was on the wrong side.

It was just an unlucky situation. As Budd dropped, Nunes was between Budd and the ref. He had to make a split-second decision on which side to go to. Unfortunately, Nunes went the same way and cut the ref off. By the time he got back to the other side, Budd had eaten a couple extra shots.