Amateur Status?

Corsey-
You are an amateur and your status is in no jeopardy at all.

I think Caleb is Caleb Quinn, from Minn. not the Caleb that used to train in Macon.

Caleb, to answer your question, if you have ever fought for a purse then you are pro. If you have ever fought anyone else in a pro bout that has a pro record, then you are a pro.

Peace-
Cam

I think what mad was saying is that each state has it's own regs, if they have any at all, Wisconsin is pretty much a free for all on the rules department.

I coinsider myself ammy even though I got paid, but according to GA rules I wouldnt be, I could go to IA or IL and do whatever the hell I wanted, some consistency is needed for the overall good of the sport, it will come, it will just be slow as hell to get there.

The midwest, you got to love it.

amateur MMA should be to pro MMA what amateur boxing is to pro boxing though...

I like what Shooto does in the amateur ranks, with people wearing headgear, no punches to the face on the ground (if I remember right), etc.

that's the way it should be...

"I coinsider myself ammy even though I got paid, but according to GA rules I wouldnt be,"

I keep seeing references to "GA rules".... it's not necessarily GA, but the sanctioning bodies that GA uses. These sanctioning bodies have presences in many other states, also, and the rules are the same in all those other states where these sanctioning orgs are present. Most of the big athletic commissions don't even allow amateur MMA (Nev., Jersey, Florida, etc...) so at least the GA commission DOES allow it and is letting the individual sanctioning orgs police it.

Peace-
Cam