Amazon Prime now streams UFC but...

Got really excited from a Bleacher Report notification on my phone that said Amazon Prime will now support UFC PPV's, and the headline was worded in a way that made me think I would get some kind of special access through my Prime membership. 

Nah, still $65. Just another avenue for watching it. I'm stupid for hoping, and they are stupid for thinking anyone will care enough to warrant a notification.

Lol 65 dollars. They can piss up a flaming rope just like ATT. (That's the cable company, not the gym)

wake me up when the price drops to $39.95.  Because that's about what they are worth right now.

What I don't get is....if you have a device that allows you to run the Amazon Prime Video app, can't you just get the UFC app and stream PPV's from there?  

Same thing just happened to me, read thr article and got disappointed. This could be a step to get all fights on amazon prime for free/cheaper. 

Prime video's streaming service is far superior to fight pass. Great news in that sense. Fight pass is like playing operation with a nuke in a 10 foot ditch trying to narrow down what point you want to fast forward or rewind to.

kennyfrommd - 

Got really excited from a Bleacher Report notification on my phone that said Amazon Prime will now support UFC PPV's, and the headline was worded in a way that made me think I would get some kind of special access through my Prime membership. 

Nah, still $65. Just another avenue for watching it. I'm stupid for hoping, and they are stupid for thinking anyone will care enough to warrant a notification.

The UFC wants to make sure there are so many platforms for watching their content that you have no excuse to miss it except for the fact you don't want to pay for it.

Soup and Beer -

wake me up when the price drops to $39.95.  Because that's about what they are worth right now.

Wake me up if somebody wakes you up 

When its 29.95 I may buy ppvs again…I’m DONE

Ufc should really try a wwe network model.  Have a 30$ fightpass plan that gives you ppvs

MouseRat -

What I don't get is....if you have a device that allows you to run the Amazon Prime Video app, can't you just get the UFC app and stream PPV's from there?  

Yep.  The value of this deal is ufc gets access to their streaming base and amazon gets something to upsell their streaming base. Win/win.

this is also the start of a potentially bigger deal with amazon.

^ Logic, hearing anything about how negotiations are going?

I’d be surprised if Endeavor announces anything until after the Athlete summit  in May.

Soup and Beer -

some of them are worth that, some of them are not worth paying for and should be on cable.

Soup and Beer -

I would order every single ppv for $39.95. At $65 I generally only order one or two a year 

ShoreBreaker -
Soup and Beer -

Wake me up if somebody wakes you up 

Wake me up if he gets woken up and wakes you up

this is actually a huge deal for media industry but perhaps not for UFC. PPV and local sports are among the last things consumers can get only from the cable company. There are a shit-ton of devices that support Amazon Video (FireTV, Kindle, Fire Stick, DVD players, televisions). Amazon started offering Thursday night NFL in 2017. With PPV in 2018, Amazon is going to turn cable into nothing but a fat, dumb pipe.

cue matt serra