Amazon/Tech = the BLACK SWAN

could this be the BLACK SWAN?  Are we seeing signs in retail BANKRUPTCIES?

If only Jeff Bezos owned a townhome with granite countertops within walking distance of a Whole Foods.

Zned -

If only Jeff Bezos owned a townhome with granite countertops within walking distance of a Whole Foods.

does he not own multiple properties?

karasu -
Zned -

Does he not own Whole Foods?

Does Whole Foods have granite countertops?

Karasu are you a big Gerald Celente fan? You seem to be big on ECONOMIC DOOM

TzTinkle - Karasu are you a big Gerald Celente fan? You seem to be big on ECONOMIC DOOM

I don't even know who that is.  No I am not big on ECONOMIC DOOM but I am big on WINNING!

Sonester Sambo -

That's the thing about bears. They'll always be right eventually. Scream doom and gloom for 10 years and when it happens - genius. 

actually, I was quite bullish around the time of 2009 and over the past year have been reducing my exposure

.....and yes I believe how that I will "eventually be right" and that once again my good patience will be rewarded :)

Credit is turning over so yes the economy will slow down, it will be a mild recession though. Stock market probably will decline over the course of 2 years about 20%.

VectorWega - 
Helgaiden - 
karasu -
Zned -

Does he not own Whole Foods?

Does he not have granite countertops?

He aint got no  farmhouse sink!

Goldman Sachs: Warning signs of a 25% plunge

“A rise in rates [on the 10-year Treasury] to 4.5% by year-end would cause a 20% to 25% decline in equity prices,” Goldman economist Daan Struyven wrote recently. That would push the S&P 500 down to around 2,150 — erasing roughly two years’ worth of gains for investors.

True - hence, you pick your time, take profit and get out.

just look at the FAKEbook scandal........Amazon's day will come too 

Pablo Duke - 

Online sales account for about 10% vs retail stores. Amazon isn't putting retail out of business, the sinking dollar and over extended credit are...

51% of retail sales are considered online resistant, so you have to back those sales numbers out. Things like gasoline, groceries, auto sales, and automobile parts.

karasu - 

No it won't - completely different business models.

Amazon has far better fundamentals.

Facebook is merely an overpriced trend.

Facebook's value drops almost $50 billion in 2 days (FB)

Cambridge Analytica accessed data from 50 million Facebook without the users' permission.

The FTC is looking into whether the social media giant "violated terms of a consent decree over its use of personal data," Bloomberg says, citing a person familiar with the matter. -----

http://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/facebook-stock-price-slides-on-report-ftc-looking-into-its-use-of-personal-data-2018-3-1018946019

Trump wants to go after Amazon

President Donald Trump is "obsessed" with Amazon, a source told the news website Axios.

The president is considering targeting the retail giant's tax status or antitrust action.

Trump blames Amazon for the decline of brick-and-mortar retailers and the pain that has caused real-estate developers.

And he thinks the company is getting a free ride from the US Postal Service.------

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-amazon-wants-tax-antitrust-change-jeff-bezos-2018-3

:)

judomf -
karasu - 

No it won't - completely different business models.

Amazon has far better fundamentals.

Facebook is merely an overpriced trend.

"No it won't"------

LOL

Everything is going wrong simultaneously for the tech juggernauts that have kept the market afloat for years----

http://www.businessinsider.com/tech-stocks-everything-going-wrong-simultaneously-for-market-leading-mega-cap-companies-2018-3