AMD Radeon HD 7700 Upgrade?

Without any other hardware or power supply changes, what are my best options for upgrading this 3yr old video card?

I think I'm just going to upgrade my video card and get an SSD. The rig already has 16G and an I7

PSU size?

With 16GB of RAM and an I7 the world is your oyster my friend.

Seriously. So long as your power supply is still good and solid you can run pretty much anything you want with that ram and CPU. It boils down to preference and what you're willing to spend.

I'm an NVIDIA fanboy and I just got a GTX 960. I am really enjoying it so far.

The site I use to check if anybody has any deals going on for video cards is techbargains.com. If you can I'd suggest waiting since stuff goes on sale all the time. Phone Post 3.0

Saiga12 - PSU size?

460W 

Inspector Lunge - 

If your motherboard only has PCIe 2.1 that could be a bottleneck. Do you know the model name/number?

Speccy says,

"2048MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series"

PCI Data

Slot PCI-E

Slot Type PCI-E

Slot Usage Available

Data lanes x16

Slot Designation PCIE1

Characteristics 3.3V, Shared, PME

Slot Number 0

Slot PCI-E

Slot Type PCI-E

Slot Usage Available

Data lanes x1

Slot Designation PCIE2

Slot Number 1

Slot PCI-E

Slot Type PCI-E

Slot Usage Available

Data lanes x1

Slot Designation PCIE3

Slot Number 2

Slot PCI-E

Slot Type PCI-E

Slot Usage Available

Data lanes x1

Slot Designation PCIE4

Slot Number 3

That's all I got man

PdW2kX - With 16GB of RAM and an I7 the world is your oyster my friend.

Seriously. So long as your power supply is still good and solid you can run pretty much anything you want with that ram and CPU. It boils down to preference and what you're willing to spend.

I'm an NVIDIA fanboy and I just got a GTX 960. I am really enjoying it so far.

The site I use to check if anybody has any deals going on for video cards is techbargains.com. If you can I'd suggest waiting since stuff goes on sale all the time. Phone Post 3.0

I could go nVidia. IIRC, I played a game that had FPS issues specifically with AMD, but TBH I'm not sure if they meant CPU or GPU, either way the FPS was shit.

How many watts is your psu? If it is above 500 you could do up to a gtx 970. If it is in the ball park of 300-400 (it shouldnt be because you have an i7 and 16 gb of ram.) You may feel most comfortable with a gtx 750ti.

Pci e 2.1 isnt going to be a signifcant bottleneck if you're at gaming at 1080p.

DaveFu - How many watts is your psu? If it is above 500 you could do up to a gtx 970. If it is in the ball park of 300-400 (it shouldnt be because you have an i7 and 16 gb of ram.) You may feel most comfortable with a gtx 750ti.

Pci e 2.1 isnt going to be a signifcant bottleneck if you're at gaming at 1080p.

It wouldn't hurt to upgrade your PSU if you have the money for it. 500W to 700W are pretty cheap nowadays. I just got a 700W and I'm very pleased with it. Phone Post 3.0

Sub Phone Post 3.0

which brand of psu. if it is solid like a corsair i think you could get a 960 and not have any issues.

but if you got some cheap brand you could have issues. alot of those cheaper brands don't act well when you push them too hard

the 900 series are fucking amazing when it comes to power demands.

Get a 970 and a new psu. If you get an ssd, you're probably going to have to do a completely clean install to make it your os drive.