America - things to do/where will I get shot? !P2!

As my pervious American holiday received rave reviews from some of you guys ("this was either planned by a troll or a retard" really stuck in my mind), thought I'd run round two by ya.

Part 1 - http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/forums/OtherGround/America---things-to-dowhere-will-I-get-shot:2580431-1

Part 2 - I'm flying into JFK, flying out of Baltimore/Washington 12 nights later.  Planning to stop in NY, philadelphia, baltimore, washington. 

No accomodation booked yet so I'm flexible with how I split my time.

Possible activities

- yankees season opener

- islanders vs rangers

- something broadway

- probably try to catch the phillies and the washington nats at some point

Worth hiring a car after NY?  Take a bus/train?  Good stuff to eat?  Most likely place to get stabbed?

Can't wait for everyone to start shitting all over my dreams again.

MR31 -

Baltimore is a really nice city. You shod definitely stroll around town and see all the sights. Especially if you can do it at night.

I was thinking of doing a Wire themed walking tour

MR31 - 

Also, Detroit and Chicago are great tourist destinations. You should give them a look.

For all the shit Chicago gets, it set a record for tourism last year.

Just don't go to the West Side and you're fine

If you can get to the west.coast, Richmond, Ca is lovely this time of year. You can cross ovdr the bridge and head into S.F and visit the Tenderloin. Last time I was there with some friends we seen a homeless guy laying on the sidewalk with his pants down jacking off, while chewing on a dead pigeon. 

Ttt

Well don't overwhelm me with suggestions.

Not sure whether to see the Mets or just the Yankees in NY.

Go to Flint for cool and refreshing water.

I'd love for you to visit Gettysburg and Arlington Cemetary, and let us know what you think.   Visiting both places tend to be quite emotional to those born and raised in the U.S., it would be interesting (to me, at least) to know if these places have an impact on non-Americans.

Spend 1 or 2 days in Washington visiting the Smithsonians. You should hit up Boston too. 

You should come to Memphis next.

Pig Bun -

I'd love for you to visit Gettysburg and Arlington Cemetary, and let us know what you think.   Visiting both places tend to be quite emotional to those born and raised in the U.S., it would be interesting (to me, at least) to know if these places have an impact on non-Americans.

This is a good one

Glowman -

You should come to Memphis next.

We did Memphis, see the part 1.

Gus' fried chicken was good, and some great BBQ. Did feel super sketchy though.

Pig Bun -

Great idea, I think we might do this. I recognise it from war films but didn't realise we were going to be close to it, thanks

How soon are you going? Different suggestions for different seasons

Nexuscrawlers - How soon are you going? Different suggestions for different seasons
April 2nd to 13th

Philly and Baltimore are pretty much a waste unless you're either a US history buff or like gunfire and Crabcakes.

DC has come a long way and has a bunch of cool restaurants, bars and of course the Smithsonian.

Boston is a great town and is about 4 hour train ride from NYC.

Yeah the only "reason" to go to Baltimore is the harbor. Public transit is safe and convenient from Boston to Washington DC. It's even easier if you use Uber or Lyft. 

DaveFu -

Yeah the only "reason" to go to Baltimore is the harbor. Public transit is safe and convenient from Boston to Washington DC. It's even easier if you use Uber or Lyft. 

Yeah I think we might just have one or two nights in Baltimore , want to go to oriole Park and maybe a seafood place, but that's about it.

boxing wiz -

If you can get to the west.coast, Richmond, Ca is lovely this time of year. You can cross ovdr the bridge and head into S.F and visit the Tenderloin. Last time I was there with some friends we seen a homeless guy laying on the sidewalk with his pants down jacking off, while chewing on a dead pigeon. 

This guy talks like someone that hasn't been to the area in the last few hours(he couldn't afford  it/wasn't Mexican) .....he just got shot.  . his shooter was just promised $400 a week for life.

basic tourist shit:

The Village/Wall Street/Times Square/Central Park
Statue of Liberty/Empire State Building/MMoA/MoMA/Guggenheim/WTC2

White House/Pentagon/Washington/Lincoln/Jefferson memorials
Smithsonian Air & Space/Natural History/Zoo

off the beaten path:

Mutter Museum