American Psycho ending

Me and my mrs are arguing about it. 

I for one think he didn't kill anyone and was just insane and my mrs says he did kill and everyone else around is to self obsessed to notice or care.

What do yous think? 

2 Likes

I think I want to see pics of Mrs. Sackick....

...nude

6 Likes

It's the unreliable narrator scenario. 

I believe he did not actually do any of it, and it's all his delusions.

pics or GTFO

1 Like

I dont know if there is supposed to be an answer. one of the brilliant things they did was have dafoe act differently in different scenes with him. like he knew he did it, didn't think he did it, and wasnt sure. 

He definitely killed them. Read the book, it's hardcore

3 Likes

He killed all of them and more. You should ask him about his pet sewer rat. Together they got into all kinds of trouble.

1 Like
TFK_Kaneman82 -

We're talking about the movie here.., nerd

2 Likes

Movie - all in his head, book - all happened. 

1 Like

I believe he did, but no one cared. He just blended in with everyone else...

I’m on your side- all in his head, great movie

There is some kills that are not as sensational that I believe are real.

I think he killed them. To me the whole movie is explained in the business card scene. The characters are all so much alike, they're indistinguishable from one another, coupled with how self absorbed they are they don't notice or care about the murders of others

https://youtu.be/cISYzA36-ZY

TFK_Kaneman82 - 

It’s most clear that he did NOT kill anyone in the book, via the nonchalant line where he throws in at one point (paragraph) “Not that it matters, since I’m just imagining all this anyway.”

And that’s not the only indication, but they put it out there with that. It was clear to me as a reader that it applied to the whole book, as there was nothing unusual about that part to indicate that while it was a daydream/dream, the rest of the book wasn’t or might not be.

TFK_Vulva Fabulous -

...nude

Stipulation...

you must be doing the missus from behind while flexing double bicep pose.   Just saying... need this for authenticity.

3 Likes

You are right OP. I guess it's possible he killed some, but the killings get more ridiculous as the movie goes.

The whole sequence where he's shooting cops in the street and exploding cars makes it obvious it's a fantasy world. Not to mention the one guy that is still alive. 

I think he killed some, but then became delusional. 

I only say this because he definitely tortured that prostitute who was gun shy about hanging out again. So he obviously didn’t imagine everything. 

Rut Roh -
TFK_Vulva Fabulous -

...nude

Stipulation...

you must be doing the missus from behind while flexing double bicep pose.   Just saying... need this for authenticity.

This is fair. This is 100% fair. 

He was Kaiser Soze the whole time

Yeah they are dead.  But the funny thing is when he was acting like Jim Carey in the hip to be square scene. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ruw9fsh3PNY