Amount of steroids in MMA world?

Louco

you wrote:

"The Adonis is correct in some sense. The Government wants us to be fat, tv watching, lard asses. It makes an armed insurection virtually impossible and they can continue to rape and pillage us as much as possible and nobody will even care."

Rape and pillage? Thats a bit extreme.

An armed insurrection is impossible because the majority has it too good to want to go to war. And if there was a revolution, the govt would protect itself with the massive armament of the military NOT rely on the obesity of the revolutionaries for portection.

Mark

After Josh Barnett got caught Jeremy Horn came on here and said steroids are everywhere and are here to stay. He also said fighters take steroids for the fans because they expect so much out of a fighter.

"But stop spending my goddamned tax dollars to ask McGuire if he was taking roids when he hit a bunch of balls a long long way with a stick."

Agreed. And stop meddling in the Terry Schiavo situation, trying to keep her on a feeding tube against the wishes of her husband.

The Congress really needs to learn their limitations.

I find humor in the fact that many of "I'll never do them" gang are the same guys that will spend hundreds of dollars a month eating the latest "natural" supplements and smoke weed on a daily basis. Roids were not out and out illegal until the late 80s, early 90's. So, the only thing that makes what some call "cheaters" compared to those that use "natural" supplements is that the gov says they are illegal. Is that the rationale?? If that's the case, you bong totin' hypocrites need to reasses why you are so opposed to roids. If they were still legal, would they then still be cheaters?

"Roids were not out and out illegal until the late 80s, early 90's."

They're not illegal now, depending on WHO is using them. Testosterone patches are regularly prescribed for older men, and they are developing a patch for women who are losing their sex drive.

Steroids are supposedly "deadly", but they are still given out by doctors. Does that make sense to anyone?

Good point Shawn C. I meant for common purposes. I saw a special on 20/20 where a 65 year old doctor was perscribing himself injectable test (no brand name given)and he was in fantastic shape.

"yer average gym freak will use at least 500 mgs per week...thats on the low side of thngs too..."

I don't know how you came up with that number. Regardless, there will always be stupid people who abuse things. That doesn't mean you punish the rest of the sane, responsible people.

Either steroids are a deadly substance that should be banned, or they're not. You can't have the government pushing all this anti-roid hysteria on one hand, and then approving roids for people on the other.

Are the uses these older folks are putting roids to really that much more noble and worthwhile than how athletes and bodybuilders use them? Who weighs the risk-to-benefit ratio? The government shouldn't, that's for sure.

Most fighters are juicing. Irony of ironies though, a lot of the guys that AREN'T juicing are the ones like Crocop and Randleman...just the freakishly strong, quick, athletic type. Why? Cause they never needed to. Other guys needed to in order to catch up with them.

And re: guys juicing when they're not at the top and can't afford it?

BWHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHA.

Dude, when I was a personal trainer, I saw forklift drivers shell out $700 for a 6 week cycle. And that was just ONE of the cycles they were doing.

Steroids, GH, insulin and beta agonists have changed sports forever. I am not naive enough to believe the increase in performance in all sports, at all levels is just from training, eating and supplementation. As a former juicy boy myself, I can tell you the differnce in competing with and without is night and day. I am nowhere near as strong, have less recuperative abilities, less lubricated joints, less aggression, and a lower pain tolerance without than with. And it has been 17 years since I took anything, but I still can remember back in the day before ergogenic aids were class 4 illegal.

Linkage why do you say randleman is not using? The consensus around here is that randleman is one big steroid. Same with coleman. I am not doubting your experience, I am just interested. And what are your thoughts about Fujita/juice?

But Linkage's point (that some fighters are juicing to catch up to those who are naturally gifted) totally applies to fedor. He only recently started taking a multivitamin as his only supplement. Prior to that his idea of supplements was another serving of borscht. On one hand, the emelianenkos are proof that you don't need roids to succeed. On the other hand, they are proof that 99.9% of fighters need roids to hang with them.

the adonis is now my hero

Misconceptions on this thread:

1. All athletes who juice are huge muscleheads. Do Josh Barnett and Tim Sylvia look like bodybuilders to you?

2. Fat people for whom others have to pay healthcare (which can justifiably piss you off) having anything to do with one athlete gaining an unfair advantage over another by using drugs while the other doesn't.

When I was a forklift driver, I'd shell out like $700 for a cycle, on the advice of my personal trainer. Didn't really pay off in the end though cuz now I'm fat, broke and insane. Thanks, Tim.

Hi, Im in the Doping testing management business as I run the databases of one of the oldest European companies for doping testing management we administer tests for a couple of major sports amongst some are combat sports. Without going into specifics as I might get in serious trouble, I can tell you its more common then some people might perceive (probably not as much in the regularly tested sports). Im not familiar with who runs the testing for MMA but I would assume its Nevada state athletics commission perhaps(? as Im not that athome with US testers). Are there any off-season tests in MMA or only before fights?

Im not going into if the ban is right or not, if some specific substances shouldn’t be banned or whatever. But I will say something. Anyone using steroids Blood-doping themselves or anything else are cheaters. It’s no way around it. I dont give a crap if 95% of the guys are doing it, these 95% of the guys are cheating and screwing the honest 5% out of a job, contract and possibly a steady income. They are stealing the food of the table for the honest minority, struggling fighters who cant catch a break cause they cant compete on uneven terms.

My 2c

good post from VantagePoint

roids are for cheaters and pussies

Why do people say using roids is cheating?

Because it can make you stronger and faster, etc? It does not substitue for skill, but yes it does make a difference.

But thats like Tank saying "Its not fair that the other fighters are lifting weights and working out, I dont train, so why should they get an advantage over me?"

Or a struggling fighter who can only train 1 hour a day because he has to work 2 jobs. "Its not fair that BJ Penn comes from a rich family so he only needs to focus on training while I have to work"

Or some guy who is naturally on the thin side (like Elvis S.) saying "I am always underweight compared to the other fighters, its not fair they have better genetics, etc"

if it makes a big difference in performance that a real fighter who doesn't cheat doesn't have then it is cheating.

But like I said, is that so much different than if Vanderlei Silva (who works out a lot) fights someone who barely trains?

Like if I workout hard, I can bench 300lbs, but if I dont train at all, I would bench maybe 135lbs.

Thats a big difference in strength. So if I never worked out, and could only bench 135, but I had to fight a guy who worked out everyday and he can bench a lot, can I say its unfair?

"Why do people say using roids is cheating?"

Its against the rules!!!!! Stop trolling, you honestly dont see any difference? In your way of reasoning legalizing Steroids gives you an advantage but that also meens your opponent would be using them, then it wont matter as much. Steroids are that big an impact on modern sports that you probably wouldnt be able to compete at high lvl without them (I want to remind you that top athletes are tested regularly and cant work proper cycles for maximum effect, if your gonna argue that all winners must be users then).

By saying no to roids your setting a leveled playingfield you fight with what you were born with no more no less. By allowing steroids more people would probably be tempted to try new substances that arnt as safe and well made (like deca and nandro) and go for bullhormones injected into your spinal cord or whatever for maximum result. Im not gonna argue on what roids are good and what arnt but setting a no ban on roids would be bad, especially since MMA is trying to hit it big as a sport.

If your doing roids not competeing and know what your doing, good for you. If your using them to screw other people out of money by gaining unjust advantage your basicly a cheating scum.

Think of it this way, how many medals do you think a poor country like kenya would win in the next olympic games if the US started up a drug program for all their athletes? Making designer roids for all its athletes? Roids shouldnt be a requirement for competing on equal terms in sports.

rant over

my 2 c