Anaheim, CA - Knotts

Hi OG. Long story, but have a free trip to Anaheim Knotts Berry farm hotel and park for 4 days late next summer. It's a free trip, I didn't pick location or dates.

Have 2 teenage boys, a 3 yr old daughter, and a wife that doesn't particularly care for amusement parks. She is happy to go, as it is a free trip.

I can extend a few days. Is it worth it? Family things to do (not interested in Disney or universal)? Would go to a baseball game. Flying from the northeast.

Can't really do my own thing out there, need to do all family time. What's worth it? Anything, or is everything else just sitting in traffic? Notable restaurants or day trips?

I'll do some research, but people here usually know what's up.

TIA.

one day should do it, go it the beach, Hollywood maybe Universal Studios too

Check out lovely Santa Ana, CA while you are out here. A lot of very nice duplexes and souped up Civics.

I live close by there. There is a lot to do. One day is not enough.

Knotts itself will take an entire day on its own. You will want to extend your stay. 

I like movies, movie asked things. We have been to Universal Orlando many times. Don't know if I have any interest in universal theme park in CA.

Are there any true movie studio tour type activities anymore? Talking not rollercoaster/theme park bullshit....

Souljacker - 

one day should do it, go it the beach, Hollywood maybe Universal Studios too

this. knotts is a small park. you can ride all of the rides and be out of there by noon.

you're in a good spot to do multiple things while you're here. 

personally, i'd do one day at knotts and the surrounding area, one day at disney/california adventure, one day in LA and one day at the beach (huntington or newport)

Take the trip. The beach is like 30 min from there. Like you said, baseball game.Medievel Times is fun too. Lot's to do.

choadler - I like movies, movie asked things. We have been to Universal Orlando many times. Don't know if I have any interest in universal theme park in CA.

Are there any true movie studio tour type activities anymore? Talking not rollercoaster/theme park bullshit....

Yes.

www.adventuresbydisney.com

you can go on a guided tour of the Disney studios and archives or imagineering.

www.seeing-stars.com/StudioTours/

links to other tours

definitely dont drive an hour south to san diego. full of cocksuckers!

microbiologynerd - definitely dont drive an hour south to san diego. full of cocksuckers!
Heard it only got that bad a year or 2 ago... Funny, because Boston became way less gay right around that time! Zzzzzzing!

Would love to take a trip to laugh factory myself some night. Not sure if that will happen.

Do appreciate suggestions all. Please keep em coming. Gotta make plans soon.

microbiologynerd - definitely dont drive an hour south to san diego. full of cocksuckers!
And gays!

On my way....

Universal Studios is a must do just for the Harry Potter stuff.

Six Flags Magic Mountain, but it's really just another amusement park. I'd pick Disney over this myself.

Medieval Times is fun for dinner/show.

Sea World in San Diego.

I prefer the San Diego Wind Animal Park over the San Diego Zoo.

I've never been to Lego Land but I hear it's nice.

You can get studio tours of Paramount and Warner Bros in LA. Its about an hour drive if you avoid shitty fwy times.

Also spend a day on Main street in HB. Go to the beach, pier, eats, shop, etc...

Knotts has a few good rides and worth a fun half day.

I haven't been in years but Knott's is a day maybe 2 tops. The beach one day and an Angels or Dodgers game the other.

choadler -
Heard it only got that bad a year or 2 ago... Funny, because Boston became way less gay right around that time! Zzzzzzing!

Would love to take a trip to laugh factory myself some night. Not sure if that will happen.

Do appreciate suggestions all. Please keep em coming. Gotta make plans soon.
There is an Improv at the Irvine Spectrum and Brea if you want a comedy show. Check who is performing when you are in town.

The Spectrum is the nicer of the two and a decent place to spend the evening

Did Knotts this weekend with my daughter. One day there is plenty. Disney is a five minute drive from there. Brea and Irvine have comedy clubs, but I'd spend a night in W Hollywood and go to Comedy Store if comedy is your thing. Beaches are close by, Commerce to play poker if you play, Anaheim Stadium is right there too. Just about anything you could want to do, you could find fairly close.

My kids love Knotsberry, so you will have a good time. Last time we were there, there was also a really good Waterpark in the area which my kids also enjoyed (they were 10 and 12*at the time).
Sea World in San Diego is always a good day.

You can literally take Beach Blvd from Knott's and go to the beach.

Sogsteel - The Spectrum is the nicer of the two and a decent place to spend the evening
Spectrum also has Dave and Buster's which has probably the best happy hour $3.25 for a jack and Coke so let them play games while you relax