Analysis of BL fight scenes

Can anyone figure out what the underlying framework is within the '26 Arts" of Jun Fan/JKD?

(see above for list).

39 years ago today...

whipped up 2 more quick gif's in memory of.

http://i.imgur.com/pc762.gif

http://i.imgur.com/kxV85.gif

i didn't get my bluename powers back (yet), so i'm much obliged in advance to any kind bluenamer who can help out.

Here ya go Stick

WSP - UDM! TY!!

----------

to answer your question about "Can anyone figure out what the underlying framework is within the '26 Arts" of Jun Fan/JKD?"

just a guess: it's what he had easy access to... we can see it's mostly the CMA. through the exchange of cha cha lessons for CMA lesons, books, and from exchanges with students as well as other instructors at the time... BL investigated those 26 arts.

The underlying framework was he was trying to cover all the ranges of fighting. Plus, he did include those that he had access to, such as TaiJi, and Northern and Southern styles.

He wanted something in the weapons range (escrima, fencing), something in the close in range (wrestling and jujutsu (sic)), something in the short punching range, something in the tie up range (WC).

I can only make a supposition, because he does not reveal his plan, but I think it's safe to say that someone who studied all of those, taking the best of each would have the majority of the ranges covered.

ah yes, true.

wonder why 'judo' is not in the list. hayward nishioka, judo gene lebell, wally jay, dan inosanto, larry hartsell ... would've been able to show him some stuff, in addition to his judo books in his personal library. iirc, at least one judo book i think he had was moishe feldenkrais' higher judo.

or judo was 'jujutsu' to him

There is a podcast interview with the historic karate guy and legit badass Jim Harrison. In that interview he said that Lee was one of the most naturally talented guy he had ever trained with and an absolute beast. With that said, he mentioned when he would spar with many of the karate champions of that time, Norris and Skipper Mullins, he would struggle. In fact he said in on session Mullions ate him up. However, Harrison says he has no doubt that if Lee made it his goal to be a great tournament champion and dedicate himself to that, he would easily be a world champion. He suggested that his movie star persona would be hurt if he actually lost matches on his way to figuring it all out....

I think Lee should get credit for incorporating western boxing and basic submission techniques into his arsenal in a time when people were still punching like stiff boards and hell bent on giving people flying side kicks. He understood there was techniques that work well on film and techniques that work well in a street situation. Because Lee was a movie star, it is his flamboyant stuff that gets all the attention. However, I think he probably understood fighting better than any martial artist from that period minus a few of the tougher real world martial artist like HArrison.