Anderson is scared to fight GSP

yurfuct - 
mikecard - 
EvilMaster - There is no fear involved at that level of mixed martial arts.

there should not be another post after this one

You should consider quitting the internet. Seriously.

nope. I shouldn't. Read my posts. They are well thought out and intelligent. I add significantly to this board every time a post. Unfortunately, you seem like the type of person that wouldn't be able to learn or absorb information from another person. But since I don't know you, that could be a hasty assessment.

Is the most feared/ dominant middleweight scared to fight GSP? No. Phone Post

Please feel free to correct me if Im wrong, but is there really any precedent for champions moving up or down weight classes to challenge other current champions?

BJ wasnt the LW champ when he beat Hughes at WW. In fact he didnt win the LW title until his third attempt at it.

Anderson moved up and fought Irvin and Forrest. But neither had a belt.

Couture bounces between HW and LHW for instant title shots but never while he holds the belt.

What exactly is the motivation for this match other than we think it'd be cool? Anderson cant drop even 5 more lbs thanhe does. GSP would be very undersized at 185, especially for his style and physical overpowering of any and all opponents approach.

This is just all wrong for GSP. He can be the unquestioned greatest ever WW and coast for YEARS making top dollar while fighting defensively when it suits him.

He is very unlikely to have long term success at 185 when he is THE specimen of a 170lber.

Anderson's striing is light years better. He GORKS full grown 205ers. GSP cant take any of those shots.

In a 5 rd fight GSP's vastly superior athleticism wont be as big a factor because he'd have to finish Anderson or risk every round having at least the first portion start on the feet.

A knee would very likely find its way into face upon attempting a takedown.

I dont see this match ever happening.

HELWIG -  Please feel free to correct me if Im wrong, but is there really any precedent for champions moving up or down weight classes to challenge other current champions?

I believe Hendo/Wanderlei is the only time this situation's ever happened in mma.

And thats still a guy who routinely was fighting at both weight classes.

Lol, no.

I wouldn't say he's scared of him but it's pretty obvious he doesn't want that fight. He avoids questions about the match up like the plague

Funny since it's GSP who avoids the question......

GSP would win.

K-Dub-"T" -  Funny since it's GSP who avoids the question......

When has he avoided the question? He been asked hundreds of times and gives good reasons for not fighting him yet. He'll most likely have no problem fighting him after he beats Shields and cleans out WW.

Whenever Anderson gets asked about a fight with GSP he pretends he doesn't understand the question or changes the subject.

Buck 65 - 
K-Dub-"T" -  Funny since it's GSP who avoids the question......

When has he avoided the question? He been asked hundreds of times and gives good reasons for not fighting him yet. He'll most likely have no problem fighting him after he beats Shields and cleans out WW.

Whenever Anderson gets asked about a fight with GSP he pretends he doesn't understand the question or changes the subject.
Really? I've never seen that happen.

GSP doesn't want to fight him "yet" Yet it's Anderson who is scared of him???? LOL.

Show me a source.......

LOL at Anderson being scared of anyone. He just beat the best wrestler in the division while being injured. Anderson is still P4P No1 if nothing else by virtue of the fact that he has actually moved up a division and beaten a top ten ranked guy instead of just talking about it like GSP does, and then moved back down again and keeps on beating top ten opposition. That is what P4P is all about.

He wants the Bisping fight because Bisping is the best fighter in his division to challenge him, he respects him and his style, he wants to fight infront of UK fans who he loves after his time in Cage Rage, and because it's the biggest drawing fight.

If i was Anderson I'd be wanting to test myself against the best too.

explodingboy is..... mostly correct... mostly lol.

regarding Anderson/Bisping.

Anderson is doing what Chael wants, to fight the most overhyped fighter, who can make him the most money, and give him the easiest fight.

Bisping is all 3 of those, as long as that fight is in the UK.

D241 - 
EvilMaster - There is no fear involved at that level of mixed martial arts.

I'm very glad this answer was the first reply. These are my sediments exactly.

Anyone who takes the sport seriously and as a career, won't make it to the big shows by being scared to face tough opposition, let alone the top tier guys, LET ALONE the CHAMPION, let alone a LB for LB Champion.

Absolutely ridiculous.  Often times it is fear that drives champions and would be champions to train hard enough tot be successful in overcoming their fears and accomplishing their goals.  Is Anderson Silva afraid of GSP?  Ridiculous to think he is, but certainly there are many fears associated with fighting and MMA that the P4P king regularly experiences.  Is GSP afraid of Silva?  You bet your fucking ass he is and rightfully so.  There's a great reason why he's made every excuse in the book to get out of fighting the Spider but gladly takes on smaller fighters routinely.  He's afraid of losing and he's afraid of the beating that he could be setting himself up for against Anderson.  

LOL @ Buck 65...You've got it backwards. Phone Post

I doubt either are afraid.

However, after the Sonnen fight, Anderson could be hesitant to fight someone of GSP's wrestling pedigree.

when was the last time GSP lost a round? When was the last time Silva lost a round? Of course hes scared.Does he really expect to triangle another vastly superior wrestler after 4 rounds of punishment? He doesnt want none of that

Oh I got it backwards do I? Show me an interview with Anderson regarding fighting GSP where he didn't avoid the question. Yeah, that's right. You can't.

Again, the things GSP says about the problems fighting Anderson (training partners getting a shot at him, him not going back to WW after going to MW, have unfinished business at WW) were all very good reasons, and to say he is scared is ridiculous.

GSP better be afraid of Silva